SCOTLAND'S JAMES WATT AND MARTIN DICKIE CREATE CRAFT BREW ANARCHY WHEN "BREW DOGS" PREMIERES SEPTEMBER 24 ON ESQUIRE NETWORK
LOS ANGELES - September 6, 2013 - James Watt and Martin Dickie are founders of the fastest growing brewery in the UK, makers of the world's strongest ale, and evangelists of the craft beer movement. These two Scottish rebels are traveling to America with a vital mission: to convert new craft brew fans one beer at a time. Their new original series BREW DOGS premieres Tuesday, September 24 at 10p e/p on Esquire Network.
In each of the seven one-hour BREW DOGS episodes, James and Martin visit a different American beer town, celebrate distinctive craft beers and create their own locally-inspired draft. Along the way, they break every rule in modern brewing, seek out (sometimes bizarre) local ingredients for their brew, and challenge American brewers to help them create the most outrageous beers on earth - all designed to get people thinking about beer in a whole new way.
· San Diego -- James and Martin set out to make a quintessential Southern California brew by using ingredients they harvest themselves, including kelp and the world's hottest chili -- brewed while traveling 70mph on a train up the Pacific coast.
· San Francisco -- The BREW DOGS get "foggy" in San Fran by making the world's first vaporized beer. You don't drink this beer, you inhale it!
· Seattle -- James and Martin brew the world's most-caffeinated beer -- a big, bold, chocolate-coffee imperial stout -- on the top deck of the Bainbridge Island Ferry.
· Denver -- The guys brew the ultimate Western beer -- a solar-powered, cactus-infused, meat pale ale -- at 14,000 feet, using only the sun's rays to boil the brew.
· Philadelphia -- James and Martin make The Most American Beer Ever Brewed. It's brewed on a float during a Fourth of July parade -- and the final ingredient is added as fireworks light up the Philadelphia sky. The beer is also DNA digitally encoded with 328 million copies of the Declaration of Independence. (No, we're not kidding.)
· Portland -- The BREW DOGS create a uniquely Oregonian beer -- a fresh-hopped, blackberry-infused Berlinerweisse -- while floating on a beer-keg raft down the Willamette River.
· Boston - Along with Sam Adams' proprietor and legendary craft beer entrepreneur Jim Koch, Martin and James brew a Boston Clambake beer, infused with lobsters and clams and brewed on a tall ship sailing through Boston Harbor.
BREW DOGS is produced for Esquire Network by Custom/Redtail Partners LLC. Executive producers are Steve Stockman, Chris Burke and Jared Cotton.