SYFY'S "DOMINION" ADDS NEW RECURRING CHARACTERS FOR SEASON 2
PRODUCTION ON UNIVERSAL CABLE PRODUCTIONS DRAMA UNDERWAY IN CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
NEW YORK - March 27, 2015 - Production is underway in Cape Town, South Africa for the 13-episode second season of Syfy's supernatural drama series, Dominion. Joining the series' stellar cast are recurring guest stars Nic Bishop (Covert Affairs), Simon Merrells (Spartacus: War of the Damned), Christina Chong (24: Live Another Day), Olivia Mace (Doctors) and Luke Tyler (Chronicle). Season 2 of Dominion is set to premiere on Syfy in Summer 2015.
The first season of Dominion premiered in June 2014, and was cable's #1 scripted program among viewers 18-49 and 25-54 in its timeslot (Live +7). Based on characters from the hit theatrical film Legion (2010), Dominion is set in a post-apocalyptic future, 25 years after an army of lower angels waged an epic war against mankind. The series follows the reluctant "Chosen One," Alex, who must fight to save Vega (what was formerly Las Vegas) from the angels that are hell-bent on destroying humanity.
In Dominion's second season, humanity continues its struggle against the archangel Gabriel and his army of angels. Alex journeys from Vega to the legendary city of New Delphi, a human enclave with a dark secret, hoping to secure a military alliance with its charismatic leader. Back in Vega, Claire Riesen faces a civil war, pitting her against the disgraced David Whele and his newfound rebel allies. While war rages in the few cities left on earth, Michael stumbles upon a mystery in the form of Mallory, a perfect small town seemingly untouched by mankind's war with the angels.
NEW SEASON 2 CHARACTERS
- Nic Bishop (Covert Affairs) portrays Gates, a brilliant but troubled military genius who helped build Vega into the stronghold it has become.
- Simon Merrells (Spartacus: War of the Damned) plays Julian, the cunning and powerful leader of New Delphi. Julian is a cryptic man with motives as questionable as his past and will go to any lengths to protect his city.
- Christina Chong (24: Live Another Day) is Zoe, a member of Vega's Archangel Corps who defected to a rebel faction. Bold, fierce and scrappy, she's a member of the poorest class that dwells in the city's dangerous tunnels.
- Olivia Mace (Doctors) portrays Laurel, the steadfast leader of the small Southern town of survivors who have inexplicably managed to insulate themselves from the fallout of The Extermination War. Laurel is deeply devout to her religious faith and is unwavering in her resolve.
- Luke Tyler (Chronicle) plays Pete, an energetic, bright, dynamic and eternally optimistic teenager who grew up in the apocalypse. He has only ever known a battle-torn world, so he has no memories of the peaceful past.
Returning from Dominion's first season are stars Christopher Egan (Kings), Tom Wisdom (300), Roxanne McKee (Game of Thrones), Alan Dale (Lost), Anthony Stewart Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Luke Allen-Gale (The Borgias) and Shavani Ghai (EastEnders).
Additionally, Carl Beukes, who has played Archangel Gabriel since the series' pilot, will be a series regular in the series' second season.
The series is executive produced by showrunner Vaun Wilmott, Deran Sarafian and Todd Harthan along with executive producers Scott Stewart, who co-wrote and directed the feature film Legion, and David Lancaster of Bold Films who produced the original film. Dominion is produced by Universal Cable Productions and Bold Films. Film Afrika serves as the local production entity in South Africa.
About Universal Cable Productions
Universal Cable Productions (UCP) creates innovative and critically acclaimed original scripted and digital content across media platforms for domestic and international distribution. UCP's content library spans classics such as Emmy-award winning, Monk, and critic and fan favorites Psych, Battlestar Galactica, and Warehouse 13. In the U.S., UCP's programming can be seen across various networks, including: Dig, Playing House, Royal Pains, Satisfaction and Suits on USA Network; Ascension, Defiance, Dominion, and 12 Monkeys on Syfy; Girlfriends' Guide To Divorce on Bravo; Difficult People on Hulu; Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome on Machinima Prime/YouTube, Syfy and DVD/Blu-Ray; and Side Effects on Awesomeness TV/YouTube. Universal Cable Productions is a part of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. Follow us @UCPisTV.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 96 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. (Syfy. Imagine Greater.)