[12/19/16 - 06:00 AM] Season Two of Amazon Original Kids Series "Just Add Magic" Debuts on January 13 on Prime Video Based on Cindy Callaghan's book of the same name, "Just Add Magic" is a single-camera live-action series executive produced by Andrew Orenstein and Joe Nussbaum with Nussbaum also directing several episodes.
[via press release from Amazon]
Season Two of Amazon Original Kids Series "Just Add Magic" Debuts on January 13 on Prime Video
Based on Cindy Callaghan's book of the same name, Just Add Magic stars Olivia Sanabia, Abby Donnelly, Aubrey Miller and Judah Bellamy, and is executive produced by Andrew Orenstein and Joe Nussbaum
SEATTLE - December 19, 2016 - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon today announced season two of its original live-action kids series aimed at families and children aged 6 through 11, Just Add Magic, is scheduled to premiere on Friday, January 13 on Prime Video in the US and UK. Based on Cindy Callaghan's book of the same name, Just Add Magic is a single-camera live-action series executive produced by Andrew Orenstein (Malcolm in the Middle) and Joe Nussbaum (George Lucas in Love, Awkward) with Nussbaum also directing several episodes. Starring Olivia Sanabia (Extant), Abby Donnelly (Suburgatory), Aubrey Miller (Austin & Ally), and Judah Bellamy (Home), season two continues with Kelly (Sanabia) and her two best friends Darbie (Donnelly) and Hannah (Miller) as they work together to unravel the mystery surrounding the reappearance of an old enemy threatening to steal the girls' magical cookbook. The first season of Just Add Magic, the most streamed kids 6-11 Amazon Original Series to date, is now available to stream exclusively for Prime members via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online - Prime members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership.
In season two, the girls' Last-Ditch Layer Cake breaks every spell in town which miraculously brings Grandma Quinn (Dee Wallace, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial) back to her normal self, however it also brings back an old enemy... Chuck Hankins. Chuck disappeared when he was a teenager, but when he returns 50 years later, he hasn't aged a day. When Chuck begins to meddle with the girls' lives, they must put aside their summer of fun in order to save the magic from falling into the wrong hands. As the girls begin to investigate, they learn that Chuck isn't just an ordinary troublemaker. In fact, he's capable of much more than they could ever imagine. Chuck is creating his own magic cookbook and may be seeking revenge on the people who spelled him years ago. His master plan will eventually put one of the trio in grave danger unless Kelly, Hannah and Darbie can find a way to defeat Chuck once and for all.
"Kids and families have embraced Kelly, Darbie and Hannah and we're excited to debut another season next month," said Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. "There's more suspense and magic in the new season as the girls' mastery of magic will be called upon to protect their bond. The first season led our customers to extend beyond the show with family cooking time and hope the new season will continue that tradition."
Just Add Magic also stars Catia Ojeda (Grey's Anatomy) as Mrs. Quinn, Andrew Burlinson (Parks and Recreation) as Mr. Quinn, Amy Hill (50 First Dates) as Mama P, and Ellen Karsten (Camp Takota) as Ms. Silvers. Luisa Leschin (Austin & Ally) serves as co-executive producer, Matt Goldman (Wizards of Waverly Place) serves as consulting producer and Pixie Wespiser (Good Luck Charlie) serves as producer.
Customers can watch the first season and recently released Just Add Magic Halloween special, rated 4.8 stars, today, before the second season debuts on January 13. Below are what customers have said about the first season:
· "I love that they show smart, compassionate girls and that the friendship among the girls is so strong."
· "The morals and life lessons are good as this show is about three stand-up girls with good hearts."
· "The Halloween episode is just the recipe for holiday fun and thrills I was looking for and left me wanting more."
· "Full of positive messages about friendship and loyalty."
· "The fun of cooking/baking along with the magic and the life lessons, makes for a great series!"
· "Just add Magic provides excitement, magic and a 'moral teaching lesson' for each episode."
The second season of Just Add Magic will be available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream. The second season of Just Add Magic will also be available as part of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-you-can-eat subscription service designed from the ground up for kids. FreeTime Unlimited is available exclusively on Amazon devices including Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, and a year-long subscription is included with every Fire Kids Edition. Just Add Magic is part of Prime Video's line-up of award-winning and critically acclaimed Original Series and Movies for kids and adults - to see more originals available exclusively for Prime members visit www.amazon.com/originals.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com
· Amazon Channels: Over 80 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership - to view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
[01/18/19 - 11:22 PM] Development Update: Friday, January 18 Updates include: Hulu cancels Sean Penn-led "The First"; NBC orders two single-camera comedy pilots; and Ashley Thomas, Rick Gomez bound for ABC's "NYPD Blue" sequel series.
[01/17/19 - 11:27 PM] Development Update: Thursday, January 17 Updates include: Fabien Frankel to lead ABC's "NYPD Blue" sequel series; Peter Sarsgaard to star in "Interrogation" at CBS All Access; and Daniel Zovatto scores role in Showtime's "Penny Dreadful: City of Angels."