NICKELODEON GETS IN THE GAME TO GIVE KIDS ALL ACCESS TO SUPER BOWL LI
Specially Produced Super Bowl-themed Content to Include Superstar Slime Showdown
at Super Bowl, Pitting Athletes Against Celebs in Special Hosted by Nick Cannon, Sunday, Feb. 5
Daily Reports from Houston, Texas, by Nick Stars Kel Mitchell and Breanna Yde
Begins Wednesday, Feb. 1
@NickSportsTV @NickelodeonTV #NickSB51
NEW YORK-Jan. 31, 2017- Nickelodeon and the National Football League (NFL) are bringing kids into the huddle with brand-new content and exclusive coverage of the events leading up to Super Bowl LI in Houston, Texas, beginning Wednesday, Feb. 1. Nickelodeon's on- and off-channel events include Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl, a one-hour original special featuring host Nick Cannon and appearances by Nickelodeon's School of Rock, Dude Perfect and more, premiering Sunday, Feb. 5, at 12 p.m. (ET/PT) across Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and TeenNick. Also, Nick stars Kel Mitchell (Game Shakers) and Breanna Yde (School of Rock) will be on the ground, reporting from Super Bowl Opening Night and the NFL Experience, and Nickelodeon will be showcasing one-of-a-kind activations at the NFL Experience and Radio Row.
The original Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl special is an hour-long competition (produced by Charlie Ebersol and The Company), airing Sunday, Feb. 5, pitting teams of NFL athletes and Nickelodeon stars against one another in a series of fun and exciting football-themed challenges. Hosted by Nick Cannon and featuring NFL athletes (Andre Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, DeMarcus Ware, Wes Welker and more) and the cast of Nickelodeon's School of Rock (Breanna Yde, Jade Pettyjohn and Ricardo Hurtado), the special will be taped at the NFL Experience. From passing footballs while jumping on a trampoline, running drills with water-soaked footballs, to creating original victory celebration dances, the teams will compete in three challenges with the lowest-scoring team getting eliminated. The final two teams compete head-to-head in a challenging, one-of-a-kind obstacle course to win the title of Superstar Slime Showdown Champion.
As part of Nickelodeon's mission to make the world a more playful place, each Superstar Slime Showdown team will be playing to help enhance recess and gym programs for Houston kids in three local school districts. In collaboration with Nick's Worldwide Day of Play partner, PLAYWORKS, the winning team will receive a $10,000 donation, and the two runner-ups will receive a $5,000 donation each. PLAYWORKS is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to improve children's social and emotional health by increasing opportunities for physical activity at schools. During Super Bowl Week, the NFL will also team up with PLAYWORKS to provide support to local Houston schools and to help grow their football programs, and additional details on that effort will be released in the coming days.
Nickelodeon's on-air programming slate for Super Bowl week is as follows:
· Wednesday, Feb. 1-Sunday, Feb. 5 (various times on Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and TeenNick) - Super Bowl LI Interstitials featuring Kel Mitchell and Breanna Yde: Nickelodeon stars Kel Mitchell (Game Shakers) and Breanna Yde (School of Rock) will be on-the-ground reporters in Houston during the week and covering activities at Super Bowl Opening Night and at the NFL Experience.
· Friday, Feb. 3-Sunday, Feb. 5 - NickSports' Nicktoons Takeover (all weekend long, starting Friday at 9 p.m. ET/PT during the NickSports block): Leading up to the Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl premiere, Nicktoons will air the best of NickSports content featuring the hit series All in with Cam Newton, Crashletes, Dude Perfect, Jagger Eaton's Mega Life and Paradise Run.
· Sunday, Feb. 5 (simulcast at 12 p.m. ET/PT on Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and TeenNick) - Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl: Hosted by Nick Cannon, the hour-long special will feature NFL players (Andre Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, DeMarcus Ware, Wes Welker and more) and the cast of Nickelodeon's School of Rock (Breanna Yde, Jade Pettyjohn and Ricardo Hurtado) competing in NFL-style challenges with a Nickelodeon field day twist. Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl is produced by The Ebersol Lanigan Company LLC.
Nickelodeon's on-the-ground activations during Super Bowl week in Houston, Texas, include:
· Nickelodeon at the NFL Experience (Monday, Jan. 30-Sunday, Feb. 5) - an interactive destination celebrating Nickelodeon's current hits and iconic series including SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rugrats and Hey Arnold!. Cascading with moving slime, the 40x80 experience will include a football toss with SpongeBob SquarePants, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles locker room, a GIF booth with SpongeBob and Patrick and a Double Dare nose photo opportunity. It will also feature a slime booth where athletes and lucky fans will have the opportunity to get slimed throughout the week.
· Nickelodeon at Radio Row (Wednesday, Feb. 1-Friday, Feb. 3) - a 30x30 interactive area featuring a Giphy Frame with three GIF options showcasing Nickelodeon characters; a Nick artist who will draw NFL players into their favorite Nickelodeon show to create a sharable graphic image; and photo opportunities with the SNICK orange couch and NickSports lockers.
Additionally, Nickelodeon and PLAYWORKS will kick off the 2017 Worldwide Day of Play Tour, culminating this September, with several kid-friendly activities within Nick's space at the NFL Experience. Worldwide Day of Play is the network's long-standing pro-social campaign that champions active play.
For additional information on related events, fans are encouraged to visit SuperBowl.com. Fans may also follow @SuperBowl and tag their posts and photos using hashtag #SB51.
Nickelodeon, now in its 37th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).