Cartoon Network to Debut "Unikitty!" Everywhere Fans Watch on Monday, Jan. 1
Cartoon Network is raging in the new year with the premiere of Unikitty!, a new series produced by Warner Bros. Animation, and based on the beloved character from The LEGO(R) Movie. The sparkle matter-filled debut begins Monday, Jan. 1 at 6:00 a.m. (ET/PT) and six new episodes will rotate throughout the day. Fans can also watch the episodes across the network's digital and mobile platforms including the Emmy Award-winning CN app and VOD. Following launch, a new episode will air Fridays at 6:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network.
The premiere lineup for Monday, Jan. 1 follows:
· 6:00 a.m. (ET/PT): "Action Forest" - Hawkodile is the toughest action hero in the land, until his old rival shows up to take vengeance on him. Defeated and in need of help, Hawkodile must train Unikitty and the others into super muscle�y tough bros. And there's only one place unstoppable warriors are made, the Action Forest.
· 7:00 a.m. (ET/PT): "Kaiju Kitty" - When a giant monster attacks the Unikingdom, the gang fights back with Dr. Fox's awesome new secret weapon: a massive mega robot!
· 8:00 a.m. (ET/PT): "Fire & Nice" - When Master Frown causes Unikitty to have an angry outburst that gets a little too destructive, she wishes her Rage Kitty side wasn't part of her anymore. Thanks to a new Dr. Fox invention, she gets her wish.
· 9:00 a.m. (ET/PT): "Rock Friend" - Unikitty discovers Puppycorn's only other friend is a boring old rock. Encouraged to "make more friends," Puppycorn takes her advice and decides to literally make a new friend out of the best parts of his friends.
· 10:00 a.m. (ET/PT): "Kitchen Chaos" - After a workplace injury, Richard is unable to do his servant work. Unikitty and the others take on the task of one simple chore, clean the kitchen. This incredibly boring task taxes our heroes as they find every way possible to not do it.
· 11:00 a.m. (ET/PT): "Crushing Defeat" - When Hawkodile develops a secret crush on Dr. Fox, he finds himself actually crushing down in size! Unikitty and the gang become his love gurus to help him confess his feelings before he shrinks away into nothing.
As ruler of the kingdom, Unikitty has busy days full of royal responsibilities. Unikitty is most interested in making sure everyone is happy and ridding the kingdom of negativity, but don't misunderstand her optimism - she is one kitty not to be crossed. While she may be full of boundless energy and creativity, Unikitty is a force to be reckoned with if anyone gets in the way of spreading her positive vibes - especially if anyone makes her little brother and best friend, Prince Puppycorn, sad. Also living in the castle are Dr. Fox, the resident scientist, and Unikitty's trusty bodyguard, Hawkodile. Through it all, Unikitty and her friends make sure that every day is the happiest and most creative ever.
Unikitty! features veteran voice actors Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go!) and Grey Griffin (Be Cool Scooby-Doo!) along with Kate Micucci (Be Cool Scooby-Doo!), Roger Craig Smith (Regular Show), Eric Bauza (The Adventures of Puss in Boots) and H. Michael Croner (Review). Dan Lin (The LEGO(R) Batman Movie, The LEGO(R) Movie), Phil Lord (The LEGO(R) Batman Movie, The LEGO(R) Movie), Christopher Miller (The LEGO(R) Batman Movie, The LEGO(R) Movie), Roy Lee (The LEGO(R) Batman Movie, The LEGO(R) Movie), Jill Wilfert (The LEGO(R) Batman Movie, The LEGO(R) Movie) and Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) serve as executive producers, with Aaron Horvath (Teen Titans Go!) as supervising producer. Edward Skudder (Pickle & Peanut) and Lynn Wang (Star vs. Forces of Evil) serve as producers.
About Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network is Turner's global entertainment brand and the # 1 animation network in the U.S., offering the best in original content for kids and families with such hits as, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears and The Amazing World of Gumball. Seen in 192 countries and over 400 million homes, Cartoon Network is known for being a leader in innovation with its approach to engaging and inspiring kids at the intersection of creativity and technology. Its pro-social initiative, Stop Bullying: Speak Up is an acknowledged and often used resource for kids and adults looking for tools that can assist in dealing with the ongoing issue of bullying.
Turner, a Time Warner company, is a global entertainment, sports and news company that creates premium content and delivers exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. These efforts are fueled by data-driven insights and industry-leading technology. Turner owns and operates some of the most valuable brands in the world, including Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports.
About Warner Bros. Animation
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing projects for multiple platforms, both domestically and internationally. WBA's TV series include Justice League Action, Teen Titans Go! and the upcoming DC Super Hero Girls and Unikitty! for Cartoon Network; Be Cool Scooby-Doo!, Bunnicula, Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, The Tom and Jerry Show, New Looney Tunes and Wacky Races for Boomerang; Mike Tyson Mysteries for Adult Swim; Green Eggs and Ham for Netflix; Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders for the upcoming DC-branded digital service. As home to the iconic animated characters from the DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA also produces highly successful animated films - including the DC Universe Animated Original Movies - for DVD, Blu-ray(R) and digital media. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards(R), 35 Emmy(R) Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents' Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
LEGO, its logo, and the brick & knob configuration are trademarks of The LEGO Group. � 2017 The LEGO Group.