ABC, DISNEY CHANNEL AND DISNEY PARKS CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS WITH THREE MAGICAL HOLIDAY SPECIALS FEATURING STAR-STUDDED MUSICAL PERFORMANCES
Jordan Fisher and Sarah Hyland to Host ABC's Prime-Time and Christmas Day Specials,
With Jesse Palmer Returning as Disneyland Host
Performers to Include Gwen Stefani, Meghan Trainor, Brett Eldredge, Andrea Bocelli,
Matteo Bocelli, Jordan Fisher, Aloe Blacc, Olivia Holt, Maddie Poppe, DCappella,
Asher Angel, Meg Donnelly and Why Don't We
The most wonderful season of the year takes over ABC and Disney Channel with star-studded TV specials as Disney Parks and Disney Cruise Line transform into magical winter wonderlands filled with seasonal attractions and joyful entertainment. During the specials, viewers will also get exclusive looks at upcoming attractions and experiences coming to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.
Join Disney|ABC Television's kickoff to Christmas as "The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration" returns THURSDAY, NOV. 29 (9:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC; and "Disney Parks Presents a 25 Days of Christmas Holiday Party" premieres FRIDAY, NOV. 23, in the DisneyNOW app before it airs SATURDAY, DEC. 1 (8:00-8:30 p.m. EST), on Disney Channel. Then, as part of Disney|ABC Television's company-wide programming event "25 Days of Christmas," "Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade" airs Christmas morning, TUESDAY, DEC. 25 (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EST, 9:00-11:00 a.m. CST/MST/PST; airtimes vary, check local listings). The holiday specials will feature musical performances by some of the world's most popular recording artists, beloved Disney character appearances, wish-come-true moments and magical celebrations at Disney Parks around the world.
"The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration" (Thursday, Nov. 29, from 9:00-11:00 p.m. EST on The ABC Television Network and on the ABC app) - Join singer, songwriter and "Dancing with the Stars: Juniors" host Jordan Fisher and "Modern Family"'s Sarah Hyland as they host the magical two-hour event from the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. Joined by Disneyland host Jesse Palmer, Disney Parks and ABC will kick off the holiday season with a star-studded prime-time celebration showcasing incredible musical performances, special appearances and Disney magical moments, including an extraordinary castle lighting spectacular from Disney Parks around the world - traveling the globe from Lake Buena Vista, Florida, and Anaheim, California, to Paris, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Musical performances include the following:
· Multi-GRAMMY(R) Award-winning superstar Gwen Stefani lights up the night with "Feliz Navidad."
· GRAMMY Award-winning singer, songwriter Meghan Trainor performs a medley of her hits.
· CMA Award-winning country artist Brett Eldredge, joined by Meghan Trainor, sing the classic holiday duet "Baby, It's Cold Outside" from Eldredge's album "Glow."
· Andrea Bocelli shares his unmistakable voice, singing a Christmas classic; then Andrea is joined by his son, Matteo Bocelli, to perform their beautiful new duet, "Fall on Me," from Disney's "The Nutcracker and the Four Realms."
· Jordan Fisher performs his Christmas hit, "Come December."
· GRAMMY Award-nominated artist Aloe Blacc performs his debut single, "I Got Your Christmas Right Here," from his first-ever holiday album, "Christmas Funk," out Nov. 9.
· American Idol winner Maddie Poppe sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
· Chart-topping, breakout music group Why Don't We performs a medley of the classic "Silent Night" and their original holiday song "Hey Good Lookin."
"Disney Parks Presents a 25 Days of Christmas Holiday Party" (Friday, Nov. 23 in the DisneyNOW app and Saturday, Dec. 1, from 8:00-8:30 p.m. EST on Disney Channel) - Hosted by Jordan Fisher and Disney Channel's "Coop & Cami Ask the World" stars Ruby Rose Turner and Dakota Lotus, this festive half-hour special will feature star-studded musical performances and special appearances by Disney Channel stars Booboo Stewart (Disney's "Descendants 3"), Kylee Russell (Disney Channel Original Movie "ZOMBIES"), Sadie Stanley (Disney Channel Original Movie "Kim Possible") and Sean Giambrone (Disney Channel Original Movie "Kim Possible," ABC's "The Goldbergs"). Stanley and Giambrone will take viewers behind the scenes of Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy, where guests will experience the world of Pixar's "Cars" films and come face-to-face with Lightning McQueen. The experience rolls into Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2019.
Musical performances include the following:
· Gwen Stefani sings the holiday classic "Let It Snow."
· Brett Eldredge performs "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas."
· Disney Channel's "Andi Mack" star Asher Angel rocks out to "Last Christmas."
· Disney Channel's "ZOMBIES" star Meg Donnelly brings tropical cheer with her performance of "Mele Kalikimaka."
"Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade" (Tuesday, Dec. 25, from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EST, 9:00-11:00 a.m. CST/MST/PST; airtimes vary, check listings, on The ABC Television Network and on the ABC app) - This Christmas, Disney Parks celebrates the joy of the season as hosts Jordan Fisher and Sarah Hyland share this magical holiday tradition with families around the globe. Co-hosted by Jesse Palmer, the Christmas Day celebration will be merrier than ever before, bringing together the adored Christmas Day parade, special musical performances, surprise celebrity guests and heartwarming family stories to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. Joining the festivities as parade correspondents are Freeform's "grown-ish" actor Trevor Jackson and star of Freeform's upcoming series "Good Trouble," Cierra Ramirez.
Musical performances include the following:
· Gwen Stefani performs "Winter Wonderland" from her Christmas album, "You Make It Feel Like Christmas."
· Brett Eldredge sings the holiday classic "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
· Andrea Bocelli sings the incredibly moving "Ave Maria"; then Andrea is joined by his son, Matteo Bocelli, to perform "White Christmas."
· Host Jordan Fisher performs "This Christmas."
· Aloe Blacc performs "Tell Your Mama" from his first holiday album, "Christmas Funk," out Nov. 9.
· Freeform's "Marvel's Cloak & Dagger" star and Hollywood Records artist Olivia Holt sings a holiday tune.
· American Idol winner Maddie Poppe celebrates the season with "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree."
· Disney's dynamic a cappella group DCappella performs the popular Christmas hit "Last Christmas."
· Why Don't We performs "Kiss You This Christmas" from their holiday album, "A Why Don't We Christmas."
The holiday specials are a collaboration by Disney Parks, ABC Entertainment and IMG Original Content.
About ABC Entertainment
ABC Entertainment airs compelling programming across all day parts, including the new dramas "A Million Little Things" and "The Rookie," starring Nathan Fillion; new comedies "The Conners," "The Kids Are Alright" and "Single Parents"; and the new prime-time talk show, "The Alec Baldwin Show." The ABC Television Network is also home to the groundbreaking dramas "The Good Doctor," "How to Get Away with Murder" and "Grey's Anatomy"; the Emmy(R) Award-winning "Modern Family" and trailblazing comedy favorites "black-ish," "American Housewife," "Fresh Off the Boat," "The Goldbergs," "Speechless" and "Splitting Up Together"; hit game shows "The $100,000 Pyramid," "Celebrity Family Feud," "Match Game" and "To Tell the Truth"; star-making sensation "American Idol"; reality phenomenon "Shark Tank," iconic "The Bachelor" franchise, long-running hits "Dancing with the Stars" and "America's Funniest Home Videos"; "General Hospital," which has aired for over 50 years on the network; and late-night talk show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" The network also boasts some of television's most prestigious awards shows, including "The Oscars(R)," "The CMA Awards" and "The American Music Awards."
ABC's multiplatform business initiative also allows viewers to watch current episodes of their favorite ABC shows anytime, anywhere on ABC.com and the ABC app for desktop, smartphone, tablet or connected TV devices.
About Disney Channel U.S.
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family-inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series, movies and short-form. Currently available on basic cable and satellite in over 91 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of Disney|ABC Television. Disney Channel-branded content spans television, online, mobile, VOD platforms and the DisneyNOW app. There are 47 Disney Channels available in 33 languages worldwide.
About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than 60 years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world's leading family vacation destinations - Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world's most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media, operating in more than 30 countries. The company manages some of the world's greatest sports figures and fashion icons; stages hundreds of live events and branded entertainment experiences annually; and is a leading independent producer and distributor of sports and entertainment media. IMG also specializes in sports training and league development, as well as marketing, media and licensing for brands, sports organizations and collegiate institutions. IMG is part of the Endeavor network.