THE 2020 "E! PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS" TO AIR ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15 FROM 9-11 ET/PT
· The 2020 "E! People's Choice Awards" will air on Sunday, November 15 from 9-11pm ET/PT.
· The telecast will celebrate an unprecedented year in pop culture and bring together the entertainment community, its fans and honor the everyday heroes who've inspired us throughout the year.
· Will broadcast from Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California
· Airing in over 160 countries, the global, fan-driven award show celebrates the year's best in movies, TV, music and pop culture.
· "E! People's Choice Awards" is produced by Den of Thieves.
· Last year's "E! People's Choice Awards" telecast was up 45 percent versus the previous year and averaged 974,000 total viewers and 402,000 P18-49, up 17 percent. The growth among total viewers mark the biggest entertainment awards show gain of the year across all of television. The show reached over 4.6 million total viewers and 1.8 million P18-49 across the cable networks of NBCUniversal, including E!, Bravo, SYFY and USA Network.
· According to Nielsen Social, the event, which trended worldwide, ranked as the #1 most social telecast of the night across all of television with 5.9 million social interactions across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
· Expanding across platforms (linear, digital, Twitter livestream, Facebook video and Snapchat), fans watched a total of 336 million minutes of video content surrounding the event. The "E! People's Choice Awards" also generated a total of 51 million engagements with E!-produced digital and social content (including page/video views, likes, comments and shares), up 33 percent. On Twitter, the exclusive "E! Stream" delivered nearly 5 million live streams globally, making it the biggest live digital video audience ever for the network.
· Leading up to the event, nearly 1.7 billion votes were cast across 43 categories, with some of the top voted categories being Female Artist, Social Star, and Group.
· Opening the show was a surprise moment by Kevin Hart accepting the award for Comedy Act of 2019, marking his very first public appearance since his major car accident.
· Our Icon award recipients were Jennifer Aniston (People's Icon), Gwen Stefani (Fashion Icon) and P!NK (People's Champion).
· The musical performances last year included Kelsea Ballerini and Alessia Cara.
Source: Nielsen, L3, 11/10/19, E! People's Choice Awards Premiere telecast vs. 2018 E! PCAs on 11/11/18, P18-49 / Total Viewers P2+ Average Audience ratings. Nielsen, L3, 2019TD (thru 11/10/19) Entertainment Award ceremony YoY % Change ranker, based on E! specific performance compared to main hub network of other award shows (exclude sports awards shows and award shows that switched networks YoY), Total Viewers P2+. Nielsen, L3, 11/10/19, Total Viewers P2+ Reach, People's Choice Awards telecasts (premieres & encores) across E! / Bravo / SYFY / USA Network, 6 minute qualifier.