discovery+ and ID HIGHLIGHTS
Weeks of August 2 and August 9
All dates are subject to change
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery's brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Tuesdays
CITIZEN P. I. is a new investigative series that examines the phenomenon of amateur sleuths who have played major roles in cracking real unsolved cases. This series showcases the colorful personalities of people who fall down the rabbit hole in their effort to solve serious crimes. When a case goes cold, justice might seem like it's out of reach. But sometimes, one brave citizen can make a difference.
· The DNA Detectives Begins Streaming on Tuesday, August 3 In 2006 in Gregg County, Texas, two hunters out for target practice find the body of an unidentified young woman. Her death haunts the detectives of the Gregg County Sheriff's Department for more than ten years. But when amateur sleuths with the DNA Doe Project take the case in 2018, the race heats up to solve the identity of the victim and bring a killer to justice.
· A Failure in the System Begins Streaming on Tuesday, August 10 In 2010, 29-year-old Hera McLeod set up an online dating profile and soon met someone that she hoped would be the man of her dreams. But shortly after giving birth to their son, a shocking betrayal proves that everything she knew about him was a lie. She soon realizes the terrible truth: she was sleeping next to a dangerous killer. Desperate to protect her son, Hera goes on a mission to prove his true identity and prevent him from killing again.
UNRAVELED: THE STALKER'S WEB
Special Begins Streaming on Tuesday, August 10
Following the success of THE LONG ISLAND SERIAL KILLER, the next installment of the UNRAVELED anthology podcast and series tracks the multi-decade wrath of Jason Christopher Hughes, who is alleged to have stalked and terrorized upwards of 50 victims across more than a dozen states. Co-hosts Alexis Linkletter and Billy Jensen reveal dangerous and disturbing accounts from his accusers, exposing how this online predator unleashed vicious attacks that cost people their livelihoods, destroyed their marriages, and drove some to contemplate ending their lives to make it stop. The companion podcast is out now.
CONCURRENT discovery+ AND ID PREMIERES
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Thursdays and Premiere on ID Thursdays at 10/9c
Beloved former F.B.I. criminal profiler Candice DeLong explores some of history's most fascinating female killers in DEADLY WOMEN, touring the twisted minds of women who kill. Femme fatales, twisted sisters, desperate damsels: there's no shortage of these DEADLY WOMEN.
· Dangerous Liaisons Begins Streaming on Thursday, August 5; Premieres on ID Thursday, August 12 at 10/9c Sonia Weidenfelder fell in love with Rick Spaulding instantly. Sonia was fiercely supportive of his bitter custody battle with his ex-wife, Debbie, and took matters into her own hands to ensure Rick's court case was in his favor. Then, Denise Gay didn't want to share her new live-in partner with anyone, not even his own teenage son Martre. She and her daughter Latoya, lured Marte into a trap and killed him. Finally, Mary Rice loved the bad boys, and knew she'd found one in Billy Boyette. Billy was desperate to stop his ex-girlfriend, Alicia, from pressing domestic violence charges against him, and tracked her down to a hotel room to kill her. Shortly after the murder, Mary accompanied him on a week-long killing spree, ending with two more women dead.
· Soulless Begins Streaming on Thursday, August 12; Premieres on ID Thursday, August 19 at 10/9c When Chelsea Cook's marriage ended in divorce, she went to pieces, especially when her former husband Travis, took up with a new girlfriend, Lisa. One evening, Chelsea decided to sneak into Travis's home and kill Lisa. Then, Debby Foxwell and her husband Paul moved into their dream home but had several issues with their neighbor, Louise Lotz. Debby and Louise feuded for several years, until one day, when Debby had enough of the fighting and decided to end this feud for good. Finally, Jade Smith was a highly respected fortune teller in Orange County, and Tanya Nelson regularly consulted her for business advice. At one reading, Jade told her she would have more success if she moved to North Carolina. Tanya followed Jade's advice, but her business failed. Furious about the failure, Tanya made an appointment with Jade and got revenge.
EVIL LIVES HERE
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Sundays at 9/8c
EVIL LIVES HERE explores the true, heart-stopping stories of people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a killer. With exclusive interviews and never-before-told accounts of the years and critical moments leading up to these vicious acts, the series showcases the devastating and often undiscussed consequences on the people who have nurtured, loved and raised a murderer
· He Got Away With Murder Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 8; Premieres on ID at 9/8c When police arrest Melvin Ignatow for murder, his son Mike is sure he is innocent and that his dad's girlfriend is to blame instead. Melvin is acquitted but later confesses to the crime, and Mike must face the fact that his father has gotten away with murder.
· My Sister Blamed Me Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 15; Premieres on ID at 9/8c As children, Cindy Blust loved her younger sister, Camellia Brown, deeply, but she also saw cruelty and darkness in her that she couldn't ignore. As they got older, Cammy became increasingly angry, vengeful, and obsessive, blaming Cindy for all her problems, including the horrible crime she committed. Cindy is certain that her sister still blames her for her incarceration and wants revenge.
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Sundays at 10/9c
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN takes viewers on an exciting journey inside the most fascinating crime and mystery investigations. First person accounts, along with insight from experts are featured as each case reaches its dramatic conclusion
· Devil in a Cowboy Hat Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 8; Premieres on ID Sunday, August 8 at 10/9c A young woman is found bound and strangled to death on the side of a road. As police retrace her final steps, they discover she was last seen being followed by a suspicious man in a cowboy hat.
· Trail of a Monster Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 8; Premieres on ID Sunday, August 15 at 10/9c The murder of respected health care aide sends a chill through her community. And when the investigation reveals several shockingly similar crimes, police realize they've uncovered the trail of a monster.
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY PREMIERES
The programs below will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 10/9c
In a justice system that's not always so just, families can be tormented by the question of guilt or innocence of their convicted loved ones. REASONABLE DOUBT returns with all-new episodes profiling the gut-wrenching process of re-exploring murder cases where the perpetrators convicted of the crime maintain their innocence. Retired homicide detective Chris Anderson teams with criminal defense attorney Fatima Silva, to pore through evidence, interview witnesses and consult experts previously overlooked by police or barred by the court. At the end of each episode, the determined investigators evaluate their findings and either offer the convicted's family hope for an appeal, or clarity to accept the guilty verdict.
· For Her Love Premieres Monday, August 2 at 10/9c 19-year old Justin Baumgardner met up with his ex-girlfriend Nicole Turpin at a park, and the next day his body was found slumped over the steering wheel of his truck. Police quickly zeroed in on Tim Wright, who had also been dating Turpin. The prosecution claimed it was a love triangle turned deadly, but Tim's family says it was a rush to judgment. Now, they're hoping to convince Chris and Fatima that Tim was wrongfully convicted.
· The Cult of David Premieres Monday, August 9 at 10/9c On April 1, 1999, 26-year-old mother of five Yvonne Layne was found dead inside her home. Police eventually arrested her ex-boyfriend, David Thorne, for her murder. The two were in a custody battle and police believe he paid someone to murder Yvonne. Now, Chris and Fatima have been called in by Thorne's wife and best friend who are convinced he is an innocent man.
A TIME TO KILL
New Episodes Premiere Tuesdays at 9/8c
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim's life. In A TIME TO KILL, determined investigators must piece together events during this critical window to reconstruct the timeline, unlock the motive, and ultimately close in on the killer.
· To Stalk a Co-Ed Premieres Tuesday, August 3 at 9/8c A college student is strangled to death in her Bryan, Texas, apartment. Investigators are hard-pressed to find anyone who would want to kill such a bubbly and dynamic woman, but DNA discovered on the scene proves there's at least one person who wanted to do her harm.
· Road Trip to Murder Premieres Tuesday, August 10 at 9/8c After his contentious divorce, Josh Niles finds love with Amber Washburn. Josh's kids join their new family in Sodus, New York, and life seems like a fairytale until a determined gunman shatters their happily ever after.
The programs below previously aired on discovery+ and will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU: THE JODI ARIAS STORY
Special Premieres Wednesday, August 11 at 10/9c
Jodi Arias is one of America's most confounding killers. Her trial for the murder of Travis Alexander unfolded live on TV, as media and viewers were engrossed by a passionate love affair shrouded in betrayal, violence, and ultimately, murder. Jodi Arias was propelled to infamy and labeled a deviant, a temptress, a liar, and a sociopath; but is that the whole story? IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU reveals the truth about Jodi's past and her relationship with Travis, and looks into the shocking details of what really happened in the weeks leading up to his death. Featuring incredible access to Jodi's diaries, unseen police interviews from the investigation, exclusive testimony from both the prosecution and defense, as well as intimate accounts from friends and family, this special reveals the never-before-told story about who Travis and Jodi really were.
AMERICAN DETECTIVE WITH LT. JOE KENDA
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 9/8c
Lt. Joe Kenda, one of the toughest, most experienced homicide detectives in ID history, is back exclusively on discovery+ with an all-new series. Over the years, Kenda has heard about cases that defy logic and expose the depravity of human nature: investigations so confounding that the twists and turns feel more scripted in Hollywood than reality. In AMERICAN DETECTIVE, Kenda trades in his own case files to bring viewers astounding investigations from across the country, with each episode putting a different homicide detective at the forefront whose tireless efforts helped put a killer behind bars and bring justice for the victim. Kenda guides us through the nuances of each case and the dogged detective work featured in AMERICAN DETECTIVE, the riveting raconteur whose gruff voice and deadpan delivery keep us hanging on his every word.
· From the Deep Premieres Wednesday, August 4 at 9/8c
· Tale of Two Knives Premieres Wednesday, August 11 at 9/8c
EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 10/9c
Evil casts a shadow. That shadow spreads outward for years, even decades, after a crime. It consumes everyone in its path, pulling them into darkness. EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH explores the endless reach of evil - a reach that extends long after the crime itself. This original series highlights the struggle to survive as innocent people find themselves caught in the wake of death and evil.
· Mother's Day Nightmare Premieres Wednesday, August 4 at 10/9c
# # #
Like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/discoveryplus
Follow us on Twitter @discoveryplus
Visit us online at discoveryplus.com