[10/15/21 - 05:00 AM] International Max Original Drama Series "Kamikaze" Debuts November 14 The story follows the fierce and charming 18-year-old Julie (Marie Reuther) on a journey of rediscovery, after losing her parents and brother in a plane crash.
[via press release from WarnerMedia]
International Max Original Drama Series KAMIKAZE Debuts November 14
The Eight-Episode Series Will Premiere Day and Date On HBO Max In 46 Territories
· International Max Original KAMIKAZE will debut with two episodes SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14 in 46 countries and territories where HBO Max is available across the US, Europe and Latin America, marking the first Max Original commissioned and produced in Europe that will stream day and date on HBO Max. Two episodes will subsequently debut each week until December 5 in the US.
· Logline: The story follows the fierce and charming 18-year-old Julie (Marie Reuther) on a journey of rediscovery, after losing her parents and brother in a plane crash. Suddenly, she finds herself alone in a large mansion with expensive cars in the garage, and, in theory, everything that most people only dream of: youth, beauty and money - lots of money - but material possessions hold no value to Julie anymore and she is forced to search for a reason to go on. She embarks on a wild and turbulent trip that takes her from her native Denmark to the far corners of the world. The series is based on the novel Muleum by Erlend Loe.
· Cast: The eight-episode drama series stars Marie Reuther (Julie), Charlotte Munck (Astrid, Julie's mother), Johan Rheborg (Thomas, Julie's Father), Mads Reuther (Tom, Julie's brother), Aleksandr Kuznetsov (Krysztof), Carla Philip Røder (Constance), Vidhi Kastebo (Sofia), Casper Kjær Jensen (Micke) and Anders Matthesen (Psyko-Bo).
· Speaking about the global release, Christina Sulebakk, General Manager HBO Max EMEA quote, said: "The best stories are able to transcend languages or geographical borders. KAMIKAZE is one of those shows that will resonate with viewers wherever they are. As HBO Max goes global, we are excited to give subscribers worldwide day and date access to this masterful piece of storytelling and introduce them to the exceptional performance from lead Marie Reuther."
· KAMIKAZE is the first Max Original commissioned in Denmark and is produced by Ditte Milsted from the production company Profile Pictures. The series is written and adapted by screenwriter Johanne Algren, conceptualized by Annette K. Olesen and directed by Kaspar Munk. Executive Producers for HBO Max are Camilla Curtis, Hanne Palmquist and Christian Wikander.
· KAMIKAZE was produced with support from the Danish Film Institute (Public Service Fund) and developed with the support of the Creative Europe MEDIA Programme of the European Union. The series premiered at Series Mania festival in Lille, France where Marie Reuther won the prize for Best Actress in the International Competition.
· HBO Max is currently available in the U.S., Latin America, the Caribbean and, after October 26th, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Spain and Andorra.
[11/23/21 - 10:35 AM] VH1 Delivers the Holiday Drag Event of the Season The network rings in the festivities Thursday, December 2 at 8:00/7:00c with the highly-anticipated "RuPaul's Drag Race" Season 14 cast "Ruveal" followed by special presentation of new Paramount+ original series "Queen of the Universe."