Apple Original Films lands "The Family Plan," new feature film starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Simon Cellan Jones
· Apple Original Films today announced it will expand its award-winning feature film slate with "The Family Plan," a new action-comedy feature from Skydance Media, starring Academy Award-nominee Mark Wahlberg and directed by Simon Cellan Jones ("Arthur the King," "Years and Years," "The Diplomat").
· Municipal Pictures' Stephen Levinson and Mark Wahlberg will produce with Skydance's David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger.
· Written by David Coggeshall, "The Family Plan," tells the story of a suburban dad who must take his family on the run when his past catches up to him. Coggeshall is a three-time Black Lister who is currently writing "Matchbox" for Skydance and Mattel, and previously wrote the upcoming "Orphan: First Kill" for Paramount as well as Lee Daniels's untitled Netflix possession thriller currently filming in Pittsburgh.
· This marks the second collaboration between Coggeshall and Skydance. The film will reunite Wahlberg with director Jones following their recent collaboration on "Arthur the King."
· "The Family Plan" hails from a first-look partnership with Apple and Skydance Media, and will join upcoming titles including "The Greatest Beer Run Ever," a highly anticipated film from director Peter Farrelly that stars Zac Efron and Russell Crowe and that will premiere on September 30; and "Ghosted," a high-concept romantic action adventure film starring Chris Evans and Ana de Armas, and directed by Dexter Fletcher. Apple and Skydance Animation also have a multi-year partnership to deliver groundbreaking, premium animated films and first-ever theatrical-quality animated television series to kids and families, including the recently premiered and acclaimed "Luck," directed by Peggy Holmes; and "Spellbound," directed by Vicky Jenson, written by Lauren Hynek, Elizabeth Martin and Linda Woolverton, an original score from Academy Award winner Alan Menken, with lyrics by Glenn Slater and Chris Montan serving as executive music producer. The partnership also includes a two-season order for the imaginative series, "Wondla."
· Momentum around the Apple Original Films slate continues to grow since the debut of Apple TV+. In addition to "CODA" landing three historic Academy Awards, including this year's top prize for Best Picture, Apple Original Films recently premiered the broadly acclaimed "Cha Cha Real Smooth," winner of the 2022 Sundance Film Festival U.S. Dramatic Audience Award, and "Luck," a new animated feature from Skydance Animation starring Jane Fonda and Whoopi Goldberg. Upcoming features include Peter Farrelly's "The Greatest Beer Run Ever," starring Zac Efron and Russell Crowe; "Raymond & Ray," starring Ewan McGregor and Ethan Hawke;"Spirited," the modern musical rendition of Charles Dickens' classic holiday story "A Christmas Carol" starring Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell and Octavia Spencer; and the recently announced "Causeway," a new film starring and produced by Academy Award-winner Jennifer Lawrence and directed by Lila Neugebauer that will make its global debut in-theaters and on Apple TV+ later this year.
· Apple TV+ offers premium, compelling drama and comedy series, feature films, groundbreaking documentaries, and kids and family entertainment, and is available to watch across all your favorite screens. After its launch on November 1, 2019, Apple TV+ became the first all-original streaming service to launch around the world, and has premiered more original hits and received more award recognitions faster than any other streaming service in its debut. To date, Apple Original films, documentaries, and series have earned 264 wins and 1,149 award nominations and counting.
· Wahlberg is repped by WME and Leverage.
· Jones is repped by Gersh and Independent Talent (UK).
· Coggeshall is represented by WME, Writ Large, and McKuin Frankel Whitehead, LLP.