Cartoon Network Charts Best-Ever November Kids� Total Day Ratings, Delivery among Target Kids 6-11, 2-11
Ranks #1 for November Prime Time Delivery, Ratings of Kids 6-11 and 2-11, Tying Highest November Prime Time Performance with Kids 6-11
Red-Hot Originals Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kids Next Door and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi All Post Double-Digit Growth Throughout November
ADULT SWIM Ranks #1 on Basic Cable in Time Period with Adults 18-24 for November
Bringing an early start to its holiday celebrations, Cartoon Network set a new November Kids� Total Day ratings and delivery record among its target demos�kids 6-11 and kids 2-11�scoring double-digit growth across the board, according to Nielsen Media Research. The performance, coupled with an outstanding prime time posting that tied its best-ever November kids 6-11 delivery and rating, placed Cartoon Network #1 in prime time delivery of kids 6-11 and 2-11 and #2 in total day delivery and rating of the same demos among ad-supported cable networks. Highlights of November growth vs. the same time period last year include the following:
November Kids Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-6 a.m., Kids� Programming)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (471,000) increased by 24% and ratings (1.9) by 19%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (763,000) grew by 11% and ratings (1.9) by 12%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (330,000) advanced by 17% and ratings (1.3) by 18%.
November Prime Time (Monday-Sunday, 8-11 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (690,000) rose by 16% and ratings (2.8) by 12%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,034,000) lifted by 3% and ratings (2.6) remained unchanged.
Among its standout programming, new original series Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.), Codename: Kids Next Door (Friday, 6:30 p.m.) and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (Friday, 7:30 p.m.) each posted powerful double and triple-digit growth among their target demos throughout November, lifting the FRIDAYS franchise (6:30 p.m.-12 a.m.) to overall double-digit increases across the board vs. the same time period last year:
FRIDAYS (Friday, 6:30 p.m. � 12 a.m., November averages)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (907,000) improved by 21% and ratings (3.7) by 19%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,305,000) and ratings (3.3) both surged by 18%.
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (904,000) expanded by 20% and ratings (3.7) by 16%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,314,000) and ratings (3.3) both improved by 27%.
Codename: Kids Next Door (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (955,000) climbed by 29% and ratings (3.9) by 26%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,352,000) rocketed by 35% and ratings (3.4) by 36%.
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (Friday, 7:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (989,000) soared by 49% and ratings (4.1) by 46%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,384,000) ratcheted up by 41% and ratings (3.5) by 40%.
The final November results also charted continued growth for Cartoon Network�s signature programming block for young adult viewers, ADULT SWIM. The late-night franchise ranked #1 on basic cable in its time period among adults 18-24 and men 18-24. Additional highlights include the following:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery (479,000) grew by 24% and ratings (0.7) by 17%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (236,000) rose by 20% and ratings (0.7) by 14%.
- Women 18-34 delivery ballooned by 88% and ratings by 100%.
- Women 18-24 delivery improved by 74% and ratings by 100%.
Throughout the month, several Cartoon Network individual original series and network franchises earned significant double-digit delivery and ratings growth among the network�s bull�s-eye kids 6-11 demographic. Highlights vs. the same November time period last year include:
November Kids 6-11 Delivery & Ratings Increases:
- MIGUZI (Monday-Thursday, 5-7 p.m., Friday, 5-6:30 p.m.)�delivery (729,000) increased by 37% and ratings (3.0) by 36%. (Weekday afternoon comedy-action-adventure franchise of acquired and original programming)
- TOONAMI (Saturday, 7-11 p.m.)�delivery (582,000) jumped by 8% and ratings (2.4) by 4%.
- (Weekend action-adventure franchise of original and acquired Japanese Anim� programming)
- Teen Titans (Monday-Friday, 6:30 p.m.)�delivery (896,000) and ratings (3.7) both surged by 37%.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy (Monday-Thursday, 7:30 p.m.)�delivery (747,000) expanded by 22% and ratings (3.1) by 19%.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (Monday-Thursday, 7 p.m.)�delivery (789,000) rose by 20% and ratings (3.3) by 22%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.3 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 07/26/04 � 08/29/04, 05/31/04 � 08/29/04
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.