Codename: Kids Next Door�Operation Z.E.R.O. Helps Cartoon Network Earn Overall Double-Digit Prime Time Delivery & Ratings Growth Among Kids 6-11
Nightly New Episode Premieres of Cartoon Network Original Series at 7 p.m. Chart Across-the-Board Delivery & Ratings Growth Summer-to-Date
Cartoon Network presented its first feature-length telefilm starring the cast of Codename: Kids Next Door entitled Operation Z.E.R.O. (Friday, 7:30-9 p.m.*), which charted double-digit growth vs. the same time period last year vs. the network�s #1 targeted demographics�kids 6-11 and kids 2-11�according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. The original long-form programming helped Cartoon Network achieve overall double-digit growth in prime time among kids 6-11. Additionally, the network�s summer-long strategy of presenting brand new episodes of its original series every Monday-Saturday night at 7 p.m. has scored powerful growth among all kids demos vs. the same 2005 time period.
Highlights of Cartoon Network�s performance vs. the same 2005 time period include the following:
Codename: Kids Next Door�Operation Z.E.R.O. (Friday, 7:30-9 p.m.) vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,102,000) expanded by 38%, and ratings (4.5) by 36%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,353,000) increased by 20%, and ratings (3.4) by 21%
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (827,000) improved by 45% and ratings (3.4) by 48%
CARTOON NETWORK PRIME TIME (Mon.-Thurs. 8-10:30 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 8-11 p.m., Sun. 8-10 p.m.) vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (704,000) advanced by 14% and ratings (2.9) by 12%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (927,000) grew by 1% and ratings (2.3) were unchanged
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (489,000) jumped by 9% and ratings (2.0) by 11%
Cartoon Network new episode premieres at 7 p.m. May 29 � Aug. 13, vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (684,000) increased by 23% and ratings (2.8) by 22%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (940,000) expanded by 7% and ratings (2.4) by 9%
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (454,000) improved by 21% and ratings (1.8) by 20%
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 89 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
* -- Actual airtime for Codename: Kids Next Door�Operation Z.E.R.O. was 7:30 � 9:03 p.m.
RATING PERIOD: 8/07/06-8/13/06
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Preliminary Nielsen Media Research data, based on most current data available (Live+SD). Complete and final data (Live+7) will be available in two weeks. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 110,200,000 homes.