DISCOVERY CHANNEL BOASTS RECORD FEBRUARY, BUOYED BY
STRONG SLATE OF HIT NEW SERIES
-- Best February Friday Ever Among Key Demos, Ties for Best February for Men --
(Silver Spring, Md.) - Buoyed by new series GOLD RUSH: ALASKA, FLYING WILD ALASKA, SONS OF GUNS and DESERT CAR KINGS, and fan favorites like AMERICAN CHOPPER: SENIOR VS. JUNIOR, Discovery Channel had its best February (tied with 2004) among Men 25-54 delivery (489,000). Among Men 25-54, Discovery was a top 10 cable network every night of the week for Men 25-54 prime delivery.
Additionally, the network recorded its best February Friday ever in nearly all key demos, including HH (1.7), Persons 2+ (0.9), Persons/Men/Women 25-54 (1.1/1.6/0.7), and Women 18-34 (0.5), with FLYING WILD ALASKA at 9PM and GOLD RUSH: ALASKA at 10PM.
Additional highlights include:
· During February, GOLD RUSH: ALASKA was the #1 program in ALL of TELEVISION on Friday night among Men 18-49, delivering an average of 4.03 million P2+ per telecast.
· GOLD RUSH: ALASKA was ad-supported cable's top-rated program (no exclusions) on Friday nights, among HH, Persons 2+, Persons/Men 25-54 and Persons/Men 18-49 delivery.
· FLYING WILD ALASKA was the #2 non-sports program in ad-supported cable among Men 25-54 delivery on Friday nights.
· AMERICAN CHOPPER: SENIOR VS JUNIOR was the #2 non-sports cable program among Men (25-54/18-49).
· New series SONS OF GUNS and DESERT CAR KINGS were the #2 and #4 (respectively) non-fiction cable programs (no exclusions) on Wednesday nights among Men 25-54.
· Premieres of MAN VS WILD finished as the #4 non-fiction cable program (excluding sports) on Thursdays among Men 25-54 and Men 18-49 delivery.
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.1 million U.S. homes, can be seen in over 180 countries, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 170 countries. Discovery empowers people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity through 100-plus worldwide networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Planet Green, Investigation Discovery and HD Theater, as well as leading consumer and educational products and services, and a diversified portfolio of digital media services including HowStuffWorks.com. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.