ABC is Tuesday's Most-Watched Net with its 2nd-Best Results in 5 Months
Some early info on ABC's Tuesday, ahead of the regular press release.
ABC finished as Tuesday's most-watched TV network, outdrawing second-place NBC by 4.0 million viewers, third-place CBS by 4.5 million and fourth-place Fox by 6.7 million viewers.
· Despite facing stiff all original competition on NBC (The Biggest Loser: Couples/debut of The Voice) and Fox (90-minute Glee/Raising Hope), ABC's numbers jumped week to week by 32% in Total Viewers and by 23% in Adults 18-49, pulling its 2nd-strongest Tuesday in 5 months - since 11/23/10.
· Up over the year-ago evening in viewers and young adults, ABC built its overall Tuesday audience year to year for the 6th week running.
In the 8 o'clock hour ABC's special re-cap show, Dancing with the Stars: The Road to the Finals, registered as the most-watched TV program, outdrawing originals on Fox (Glee) and NBC (The Biggest Loser: Couples).
· The special produced the Net's top viewer and young adult numbers in the time slot in 4 weeks - since 3/29/11.
Opposite fierce competition from an extended 90-minute edition of Fox's Glee and NBC's highly-promoted debut of The Voice in the 9 o'clock hour, ABC's DWTS Results Show was up week to week and attracted the biggest audience in its time slot for the 5th straight week. In addition for the 2nd week in a row, ABC's Dancing results program stood as Tuesday's most-watched TV program. Professional wrestler Chris Jericho was the fifth celebrity to leave the show this season.
· Posting double-digit percentage week-to-week increases in viewers (+10%) and young adults (+17%), DWTS Results earned its 2nd-highest marks this season. In fact excluding only premieres and finales, The Results Show generated its most-watched telecast in nearly 3 years - since 5/6/08.
· DWTS Results Show scored big year-over-year gains, soaring by 45% in Total Viewers and by 46% in Adults 18-49 over the same night last year.
Up against the final hour of NBC's 2-hour The Voice debut, ABC's Body of Proof built its overall audience for the 2nd consecutive week (+6%), marking a best-since-premiere number. The ABC drama finished a strong second in the hour with viewers and key Adults (AD18-49/AD25-54).
· The new ABC series continued to produce dramatic year-over-year time-period improvement, boosting the hour by 7.2 million viewers and by 21% in Adults 18-49 from the year-ago night with original drama programming.