Ratings Highlights for 2011 To Date and April 2011
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Pacing at All-Time Highs in 2011 to Date
~ TV's No. 1 Network in Total Day in Tweens for 12 Consecutive Months
~ Grows its Delivery Year to Year for 6th Consecutive Month
~"Shake It Up" and "Wizards of Waverly Place" Tie as TV's No. 1 Series
~"Lemonade Mouth" is Cable's No. 1 Original Movie of the Year
Disney Junior Setting Records for Disney Channel Launch to Date
~ "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" is TV's No. 1 Series with Preschoolers
~Outperforms Year-Ago Levels by Double-Digit Percent Margins
Disney XD Delivering at Record Levels in 2011 to Date
~April's Growth Leader Among All Kid-Targeting Networks
~ Longest Year-to-Year Growth Streak of Any Kid Network
~Joins Disney Channel April as the Only Kid Network Posting Double-Digit
Percent Gains in Total Day in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel 2011 To Date/April 2011 Highlights:
Delivering at record levels in 2011 to date in both Prime and Total Day after a record setting year in 2010, Disney Channel posted its best April ever, standing as TV's No. 1 network in Total Day in Tweens 9-14 for the 12th consecutive month.
Moreover, April 2011 marked Disney Channel's 6th straight month posting year-over-year gains in Total Day in Total Viewers, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14 - the longest streak among fully distributed kid cable networks.
In Prime, Disney Channel extended its No. 1 streak to 74 consecutive months in Kids 6-11 and to 72 straight months in Tweens 9-14, and placed No. 2 in Total Viewers for the 3rd month in a row.
· "Shake It Up" and "Wizards of Waverly Place" are tied as TV's No. 1 series of 2011 to date in Kids 6-11 (1.9 million/7.6 rating apiece) and Tweens 9-14 (1.7 million/6.9 rating apiece).
· This continues Disney Channel's tradition of delivering the No. 1 TV/Cable series in each of the past 5 years (2006-2010).
· "Lemonade Mouth" ranks as the year's No. 1 cable TV original movie in Total Viewers (5.7 million), with over half of its Adults 18-49 (53%) watching the premiere with a Kid 6-14.
Disney Junior Launch to Date/April 2011 Highlights:
Launching on February 14, 2011, Disney Channel's rebranded preschooler block, Disney Junior, is pacing at all-time highs to date vs. equivalent historic periods in Total Viewers (1.3 million), Kids 2-5 (451,000/2.7 rating), Boys 2-5 (248,000/2.9 rating) and Girls 2-5 (204,000/2.5 rating), posting double-digit percent increases over year-ago levels, far exceeding Nick Jr.'s growth during the same period.
· Year to year, Disney Junior is up by 18% in Total Viewers (1.3 million vs. 1.1 million), by 38% in Kids 2-5 (451,000 vs. 327,000), by 49% in Boys 2-5 (248,000 vs. 167,000), by 28% in Girls 2-5 (204,000 vs. 160,000) and by 8% in Women 18-49 (243,000 vs. 225,000).
· Disney Junior's double-digit percent gains far exceed Nick Jr.'s year-to-year increases in the daypart: +5% in Kids 2-5, +9% in Boys 2-5 and +2% in Girls 2-5.
· 2011 to date, "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" is TV's No. 1 series among Kids 2-5 and Boys 2-5, and is pacing as Disney Channel's No. 1 preschool series of all time through its first 17 original episodes in Total Viewers (2.3 million), Kids 2-5, Boys 2-5 and Women 18-49.
· In April 2011, "Jake" was TV's No. 1 series among Kids 2-5 for the 3rd consecutive month, with the series accounting for the Top 5 preschool telecasts, and 7 of the Top 10 overall.
· "Jake" is the most co-viewed series among all Disney Junior and Nickelodeon preschool block series, with 49% of Moms watching with their preschooler.
Disney XD 2011 To Date/April 2011 Highlights:
Coming off its most-watched year on record in 2010 and powered by an ever-expanding roster of original content, Disney XD is pacing at all-time annual highs in 2011 to date in Total Day in Total Viewers (288,000) and across all kid and boy demographics, specifically Kids 6-14 (148,000) and Boys 6-14 (95,000), driven by personal monthly bests in January, February, March and April. These record pacing results and monthly-best achievements are echoed in Prime: Total Viewers (334,000), Kids 6-14 (187,000) and Boys 6-14 (126,000).
Competitively, 2011 to date Disney XD holds a definitive double-digit percent advantage over Nicktoons across the board - Total Day: +80% in Kids 6-14 and +58% in Boys 6-14; Prime: +41% in Kids 6-14 and +21% in Boys 6-14.
· Disney XD was the biggest gainer among all kid cable networks in April 2011 and joined sister network Disney Channel as the only 2 kid cable networks to exceed year-ago levels by double-digit percentages in Total Day in the 6-11 and 9-14 demos.
· In fact, Disney XD has grown its Total Day audience year to year for 28 consecutive months among Boys 6-14 and Boys 6-11 - the longest streak of its kind among all kid networks, and 26th straight month in Prime in the target demos, including by hefty double-digit percentages in the past 4 months, and in 8 of the previous 9 months overall.
Source: NMR, U.S. ratings, Disney Junior: M-F, 4:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; SS, 4: a.m. - 9:00 a.m. 2011 to date: 12/27/10-4/24/11; 2010 Equivalent: 12/28/09-4/25/10; April 2011: 3/27/11-4/24/11; April 10: 3/28/10-4/25/10; DJ Launch to date: 2/14/11-4/24/11; PD Year-Ago: 2/15/10-4/25/10.