Weekly Ratings Highlights for October 3-9, 2011
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Sweeps All Kids Competition for 17th Consecutive Week
~Marks the Network's Longest Period Ever at No. 1 in Total Day Among Kids 6-11
~Delivers TV's Top 21 Telecasts in Kids 6-11 and the Top 9 in Tweens 9-14
~Tops Nickelodeon by Double-Digit Percentages for the 10th Straight Week in Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel Tops Nickelodeon in Total Day by 45% in Kids 6-11 and by 53% in Tweens 9-14 - its 2nd-Largest Competitive Weekly Advantage Ever in Kids 6-11
Original Comedy Series "Jessie" Grows Over its Debut in Kids 6-11, Ranking
as TV's No. 1 Telecast for the 2nd Straight Week in the Target Demo
"Shake It Up" Delivers its No. 2 Telecast Ever in Total Viewers and Target Kids;
Is the Week's No. 1 TV Telecast Among Tweens 9-14
"Shake It Up," "Good Luck Charlie" and "Jessie" Stand as
Cable's Top 3 Scripted Telecasts in Total Viewers
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
During the week of October 3, Disney Channel was again TV's No. 1 network in Total Day among Kids 6-11 (633,000/2.6 rating), extending its weekly win-streak to a record 17 consecutive weeks and towering over Nickelodeon by 45% (vs. 437,000/1.8 rating), the network's 2nd-largest competitive advantage ever in the target demo, behind only the week of 9/24/07. In addition, led by newest comedy series "Jessie," Disney Channel claimed the week's Top 21 TV telecasts, and 36 of the Top 40 telecasts overall.
In Tweens 9-14 (504,000/2.1 rating), led by "Shake It Up," Disney Channel delivered TV's Top 9 telecasts, and 19 of the Top 20 overall, driving the network to its 17th consecutive week at No. 1 in Total Day, and to a 53% advantage over Nickelodeon (330,000/1.4 rating), its 3rd-biggest margin of victory on record, behind only the weeks of 9/24/07 and 8/13/07.
· In Total Viewers, "Shake It Up" (4.46 million), "Good Luck Charlie" (4.45 million) and "Jessie" (4.23 million) were the Top 3 scripted cable telecasts for the week.
· In Prime, Disney Channel netted its 334th consecutive weekly win in Kids 6-11 (1.3 million/5.3 rating), marking well over 6 years of dominance. In Tweens 9-14 (1.0 million/4.3 rating), the network was No. 1 for the 69th consecutive week, and for the 331st time in the previous 334 weeks overall. In addition, this week was the network's most-watched week in Prime in 9 weeks in Total Viewers (2.84 million) and both key kid demos.
Disney Channel: Program Highlights
· Friday's all-new "Jessie" (9:00 - 9:30 p.m.) grew over its week-ago premiere in Kids 6-11 (9.3 rating vs. 9.2 rating), ranking as the week's No. 1 TV telecast for the 2nd consecutive week in the core demo.
· Sunday's original "Shake It Up" (8:30 - 9:00 p.m.) surged by double-digit percent margins across all demos week to week, ranking as the week's No. 1 TV telecast in Tweens 9-14 and standing as the series' No. 2 telecast of all time in Total Viewers (4.46 million), Kids 6-11 (2.2 million/8.8 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.8 million/7.7 rating), behind only its series launch on November 7, 2010.
· Sunday's "Good Luck Charlie" (8:00 - 8:30 p.m.) was the series' 2nd-most-watched telecast of its second season to date in Total Viewers (4.5 million) and Kids 6-11 (2.1 million/8.6 rating), and was TV's No. 2 telecast of the week in Tweens 9-14 (1.8 million/7.5 rating).
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 21 TV telecasts among Kids 6-11, led by:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 9 TV telecasts among Tweens 9-14:
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, Live + Same Day: Week of 10/3/11-10/9/11.