E! SCORES MOST-WATCHED EVENT EVER WITH "KIM'S FAIRYTALE WEDDING: A KARDASHIAN EVENT" DRAWING 10.5 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS ACROSS TWO-PART EVENT
Below are record-breaking highlights from E!'s two part television event "Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event" on Sunday, 10/09/11 and Monday, 10/10/11. It was indeed a wedding of Kardashian proportions drawing 10.5 million viewers.
Also included below are highlights for Kendra, Dirty Soap and Chelsea Lately which all saw record highs.
· With a combined 10.5 million viewers tuning into both Sunday and Monday's telecast of Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event, this now ranks as E!'s most-watched event ever.
· The two part wedding event scoring E!s two highest rated and most-watched telecasts in 2011 among HHLDS, A18-49 and W18-49 for the network. Part 1 garnered an impressive 4.87 rating with the coveted W18-34 demo, translating to roughly 1.4 million young women watching, and averaged 2.8 million Adult 18-49 viewers, while Part 2 on Monday night saw W18-34 grow to an even higher 5.14 rating.
· Sunday October 9th 2011 was E!'s most-watched day in the network's history, averaging over one million Total Viewers (1,018,000) for the Total Day, more than doubling E!'s 2011 year to date average driven by Part 1 of Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event.
· Sunday was also E!'s highest-rated day across HHLDS (.84) and all key measures including the network's target Adult 18-49 demo (.61) as well as Adults 18-34 (.74), Women 18-34 (1.12) and Women 18-49 (.90).
· The debut of Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event (Pt 1) averaged a 3.40 HHLD rating on Sunday, 10/09/11 from 8pm-10pm, attracting more than 7 times the number of viewers compared to E!'s Primetime average. Then on Monday, Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event (Pt 2) averaged a 3.08 HHLD rating on 10/10/11 from 9pm-11pm, attracting more than 6 times the number of viewers compared to the network's Primetime norm.
· On Sunday, Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event (Pt 1) was able to see continuous quarter-hour growth for each of the eight quarter hours among A18-34, A18-49 and Women 18-34. There was also consistent quarter-hour growth for Monday's Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event (Pt 2) among HHLDS and the A18-49 demo.
· Additionally, Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event (Pt 1) dominated the Sunday Evening competition, ranking as the highest-rated and most-watched program across key measures including Adults 18-34 (2.35/1.8 million) and Adults 18-49 (1.98/2.8 million) as well as Women 18-34 (3.56/1.4 million) and Women 18-49 (2.96/2.1 million) compared to all other ad-supported cable networks.
· The wedding also drew record results on E! Online when the event took place in August with 74 Million Page Views and 10 Million video starts during the week surrounding the event.
· On Sunday following Part 1 of the wedding, Kendra in its new 10pm time slot benefited from the strong Wedding lead-in, and posted its highest rated and most-watched telecast ever with a 2.15 HHLD rating and over 2.7 million Total Viewers. Kendra also ranked as the most watched show in its time period against all ad-supported cable for both Adults and Women key measures. Immediately following at 10:30pm Dirty Soap, in its new time slot also delivered its highest rated and most-watched telecast of the season with a .95 HHLD rating and over 1.1 million Total Viewers.
· Then on Monday following Part 2 of the wedding, Chelsea Lately at 11pm, featuring Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett delivered its highest rated and most-watched telecast ever with a 1.47 HHLD rating and nearly 1.8 million Total Viewers and also matched its highest rated telecast among Women 18-49 (1.81).
*Source Nielsen Media Research, National Ratings for 10/09/11; Preliminary Nationals for 10/10/11, Live + Same Day, P2+ Cume (10/9/11-10/10/11); 2011 Primetime (12/27/10-10/06/11, Mon-Sun, 6pm-12am), Keeping Up with the Kardashians:The Wedding (11/08/09, 8pm-10pm). Rank among all ad-supported cable networks.