Weekly Ratings Highlights for October 10-16, 2011
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel is TV's No. 1 Network in Total Day for a Record 18th Consecutive Week in Both Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
~Marks the Network's Longest Period Ever at No. 1 in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
~Ranks No. 1 in Boys 6-11 for the 2nd Straight Week, and for the 5th Time in 6 Weeks
~Delivers TV's Top 9 Telecasts in Kids 6-11 and the Top 6 TV Telecasts in Tweens 9-14
~Tops Nickelodeon by Double-Digit Percentages for the 11th Straight Week in Tweens 9-14
Friday's and Sunday's "Make Your Mark: 'Shake It Up'" and an All-New
"Jessie" Are TV's Top 3 Telecasts in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
During the week of October 10, Disney Channel set new records, sweeping Total Day and Prime across all kid demos, powered by its first-ever dance competition event, "Make Your Mark: 'Shake It Up' Edition," and all-new episodes of "Jessie," "Wizards of Waverly Place" and "PrankStars."
· In Kids 6-11 (668,000/2.7 rating), Disney Channel extended its record-winning streak to 18 consecutive weeks, topping Nickelodeon by 32% (vs. 504,000/2.1 rating), the network's 6th consecutive week holding a double-digit percent advantage in the target demo.
· In Tweens 9-14 (536,000/2.2 rating), Disney Channel was No. 1 in Total Day for the 18th straight week, matching its previous streak at No. 1 during the weeks of 6/14/10 - 10/11/10. In fact, this week marked the network's 38th week ranking No. 1 in the demo out of the 42 weeks this year. In addition, besting Nickelodeon by 42% (vs. 378,000/1.6 rating), this week marked Disney Channel's 11th consecutive week with a double-digit percent advantage.
· In Boys 6-11 (274,000/2.2 rating), Disney Channel was No. 1 in Total Day for the 2nd consecutive week, and for the 5th time in the previous 6 weeks overall - also a record for the network. For the week, Disney Channel surpassed Nickelodeon by 7% (vs. 256,000/2.0 rating) and Cartoon Network by 20% (vs. 228,000/1.8 rating).
· In Prime, Disney Channel netted its 335th consecutive weekly win in Kids 6-11 (1.3 million/5.5 rating), marking well over 6 years of dominance. In Tweens 9-14 (1.0 million/4.4 rating), the network was No. 1 for the 70th consecutive week, and for the 332nd time in the previous 335 weeks overall. In addition, this week was the network's most-watched week in Prime in 10 weeks in Total Viewers (2.88 million) and both key kid demos - since week of 8/1/11.
Disney Channel: Program Highlights
· Sunday's "Make Your Mark: 'Shake It Up' Edition" (8:30 - 9:00 p.m.) was the week's No. 1 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (2.2 million/8.8 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.8 million/7.6 rating), with its Friday telecast ranking No. 2 in Kids 6-11 (2.0 million/8.3 rating) and No. 3 in Tweens 9-14 (1.6 million/6.5 rating).
· Friday's all-new "Wizards of Waverly Place" (8:00 - 3:30 p.m.) ranked as the series' most-watched telecast in 8 months in Total Viewers (4.1 million) and in 4 months in Kids 6-11 (1.9 million/7.7 rating) - since 2/18/11 and 6/17/11, respectively.
· In Total Viewers, "Wizards of Waverly Place" (No. 3 - 4.1 million) and "Jessie" (No. 4 - 3.9 million) ranked among cable's Top 4 scripted telecasts.
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 9 TV telecasts among Kids 6-11:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 6 TV telecasts among Tweens 9-14:
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, Live + Same Day: Week of 10/10/11-10/16/11. % advantage based on 000s.