truTV Scores Best Year Ever with Young Adults and Men as Median Age Drops to Youngest Ever
Continuing its unprecedented momentum, truTV will finish 2011 with the best primetime deliveries of key adult and male demos in the network's entire history. Propelled by original hits like Hardcore Pawn, Operation Repo, All Worked Up, Lizard Lick Towing, South Beach Tow and Full Throttle Saloon, as well as the acquired hit Wipeout, truTV will also score its youngest annual median age.
truTV set the following network milestones in 2011:
· Best annual delivery of adults 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-49
· Youngest annual primetime median age ever: 43, two years younger than 2010
· Most-watched quarter ever among adults 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-49: Q1 2011
· Most-watched week ever among adults 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-49: March 14-20, 2011
· Most-watched telecast ever among men 18-34 and men 18-49: Hardcore Pawn, Tuesday, Oct. 4
"truTV has steadily been drawing more and more of our targeted male and young adult viewers, thanks to a terrific lineup of programming that really speaks to our fans," said Marc Juris, executive vice president and chief operating officer of truTV. "With new seasons of shows like Operation Repo, Vegas Strip, Bait Car, South Beach Tow and World's Dumbest..., not to mention the hilarious new hidden-camera series Impractical Jokers, we look forward to continuing our momentum next year."
Additional truTV 2011 Ratings Highlights:
· Compared to 2010, truTV's primetime delivery of adults 18-34 is up 4%, while delivery of men 18-34 is up 5%.
· truTV is on track to continue its streak of 13 consecutive years of primetime growth among men 18-49. In fact, the network is delivering nearly five times more men 18-49 now than when the streak began in 1999.
· truTV is an ongoing success story that began with the January 2008 rebrand from Court TV to truTV. Since Q4 2007, the last quarter before the rebranding, truTV's primetime audience has grown at a rapid clip, especially among the younger set, with adults 18-34 up 46% and men 18-34 up 71%. truTV has also shaved nine years off its primetime median age since Q4 2007.
· In its recently completed fourth season, truTV's top-rated Hardcore Pawn averaged 2.4 million viewers, 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 787,000 men 18-49. The show ranked among ad-supported basic cable's Top 5 programs in its timeslot in delivery of adults 18-49, as well as other key adult and men demos. It also brought tremendous triple-digit growth to the time period among viewers and young adult and male demos.
· The acquired hit Wipeout joined truTV's lineup on Sept. 2 and became an instant favorite. Airing back-to-back on Fridays from 8-10 p.m., the program has averaged 1.2 million viewers, 593,000 adults 18-49 and 318,000 men 18-49. The show ranks as truTV's youngest program, with a median age of 37, a whopping 11 years younger than the same time period last year. Wipeout has also garnered double-digit growth for the time period among viewers and key adult and male demos.
· truTV's other original hits include Full Throttle Saloon, Lizard Lick Towing, Operation Repo, South Beach Tow and All Worked Up, each of which delivers more than 1.5 million viewers. All six series consistently earned rankings among cable's Top 5 entertainment programs in their time periods for delivery of young adult and male demos.
· On the digital front, trutv.com has averaged 1.7 million unique visitors each month, up a strong 27% for the year-to-date, according to data from comScore MediaMetrix. The site is also averaging 23.2 million page views per month, up 13% compared to the same period in 2010, and 2.9 million visits per month (through October), up 33%.
truTV is television's destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 92 million U.S. households, the network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can't normally experience. truTV's original series include Hardcore Pawn, All Worked Up, Lizard Lick Towing, Operation Repo, World's Dumbest..., South Beach Tow and Full Throttle Saloon, as well as the upcoming hidden-camera series Impractical Jokers. truTV is also the cable home of the popular series Wipeout. In addition, truTV is a partner in airing the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.