RECORD VIEWERSHIP FOR NBA TV's OPENING WEEK OF 2011-12 REGULAR SEASON
Chicago Bulls vs. Los Angeles Clippers Gameis Most Viewed Regular Season Game Ever on NBA TV
NBA TV tipped off its 96-game 2011-12 regular season schedule, averaging 405,000 total viewers (+120 percent from last season's opening week) and approximately 300,000 households (+114 percent). The Chicago Bulls vs. Los Angeles Clippers match-up on Dec. 30 was the most viewed regular season game ever for the network, averaging 722,000 total viewers, surpassing last season's Miami Heat vs. Portland Trail Blazers game on March 8 (681,000 total viewers).
Additional NBA TV highlights from opening week (Dec. 25 - Jan. 1) include:
· Along with the Bulls-Clippers game, NBA TV's schedule last week produced a total of three games on the network's Top 10 most viewed games list:
· Dec 28: New York Knicks vs. the Golden State Warriors averaged 594,000 total viewers (7th overall)
· Dec 26: Los Angeles Lakers vs. the Sacramento Kings averaged 567,000 total viewers (8th overall).
· NBA TV key demographics are also up triple digits compared to the network's 96-game 2010-11 regular season:
· A 18-24: 128,999 vs. 55,000 (+133%)
· A 18-49: 240,000 vs. 98,000 (+145%)
· A 25-54: 231,000 vs. 95,000 (+143%)
· M 18-34: 88,000 vs. 41,000 (+115%)
NBA TV GAMES OF THE WEEK:
JAN. 5 - JAN. 9
NBA TV SCHEDULE (all times ET): JAN. 5 - JAN. 9
SATURDAY, JAN. 7
7 p.m. NBA Regular Season: Charlotte Bobcats @Indiana Pacers
10:30 p.m. NBA Regular Season: Milwaukee Bucks @ LA Clippers
SUNDAY, JAN. 8
7 p.m. NBA Regular Season: San Antonio Spurs @Oklahoma City Thunder
MONDAY, JAN. 9
7:30 p.m. NBA Regular Season: Charlotte Bobcats @ New York Knicks
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Star Trak, based on Live +SD data stream for dates of the 2011-12 NBA Regular Season on NBA TV 8 game average (12/26/2011 to 1/1/2012) and 2010-11 NBA Regular Season 1Q to-date average (12/27/2010 - 01/2/2011). All games on NBA TV include NBA Regular Season, Preseason and Playoff games (9/27/2010 - 1/1/2012).