truTV Scores Top 10 Finish in January, Reaching New Heights With Biggest Month Ever with Key Demos
truTV has once again proven itself to be one of cable's biggest success stories, with January 2012 set to be the network's most-watched month ever with key adult and male demos. truTV also scored a strong finish competitively, ranking as a Top 10 basic cable network in primetime delivery of two highly competitive demos: adults 18-49 and men 18-49. truTV's success this winter has been driven by hit original series like Hardcore Pawn, Full Throttle Saloon, Lizard Lick Towing, Storage Hunters, Impractical Jokers and Black Gold, as well as the acquired hit Wipeout.
Additional truTV 2011 Ratings Highlights:
· truTV ranked among basic cable's Top 10 networks in January primetime delivery of adults 18-49 and men 18-49. The network has also scored solid primetime growth across the board compared to last January, with adults 18-34 up 5%, adults 18-49 up 8%, men 18-34 up 6% and men 18-49 up 5%.
· January marks truTV's most-watched month ever with key male demos, beating the previous benchmark set in January 2010. Among adult demos, truTV's January 2012 performance is virtually tied with its record-setting January 2010 figures, according to the most recent Live + Same Day and Live + 7 blended data. The network will easily break its monthly record among adults 18-34 and adults 18-49 when final Live + 7 data is made available in two weeks.
· truTV charted seven of cable's Top 30 non-fiction series in adult 18-49 ratings for January, including Black Gold, Hardcore Pawn, Impractical Jokers, Lizard Lick Towing, Full Throttle Saloon, Storage Hunters and the acquired hit Wipeout.
· Since transitioning from Court TV to truTV in 2008, truTV has seen its delivery of adults 18-49 jump 28% in primetime. By comparison, many of truTV's competitors have lost audience during that timeframe, including Spike (-33%), Comedy Central (-30%), Syfy (-6%) and VH-1 (-12%).
· truTV's primetime median age in January (41) is younger than any of the network's direct non-fiction competitors, including Discovery (44), A&E (45) and History (49).
· Hardcore Pawn (3 million viewers Tuesdays at 9 p.m.) enjoyed a tremendous January, which included truTV's most-watched telecast of all time with total viewers on Dec. 27 and the most-watched telecast with adults 18-49 and men 18-49 on Jan. 10. Competitively, Hardcore Pawn ranked as ad-supported cable's #2 program in the timeslot with adults 18-49 and men 18-49, while also scoring a Top 5 timeslot ranking with adults 18-34 and men 18-34. Compared to January 2011, Hardcore Pawn more than doubled truTV's delivery of adults 18-34, adults 18-49 and total viewers for the timeslot.
· Lizard Lick Towing (2.5 million viewers Mondays at 10 p.m.) ranked among ad-supported cable's Top 5 programs in its time period with all key adult and key male demos, as well as total viewers. Compared to the same timeslot a year ago, the show has provided strong double-digit growth among total viewers and adult and male demos. On Jan. 2, Lizard Lick Towing scored truTV's most-watched primetime telecast ever among adults 18-34. The audience for Lizard Lick Towing has a remarkably young median age of 36.
· Full Throttle Saloon (2.1 million viewers Wednesdays at 9 p.m.) garnered Top 5 ad-supported cable rankings in its timeslot among key demos and viewers (2.1 million), while also chalking up triple-digit growth among adults 18-49. On Dec. 28, Full Throttle Saloon also led truTV to its most-watched Wednesday ever in primetime with adults 18-49 and men 18-49.
· Other original series performing exceptionally well for truTV in January include Storage Hunters (2.4 million viewers Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m.); Black Gold (1.6 million viewers Wednesdays at 10 p.m.), which scored its best season ever; and truTV's newest hit, Impractical Jokers (1.8 million viewers Thursdays at 10 p.m.). All three shows ranked among ad-supported cable's Top 5 shows in their respective timeslots, while also delivering remarkable time-period growth compared to last year.
truTV is television's destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 92 million U.S. households, the network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can't normally experience. truTV's original series include Hardcore Pawn, Full Throttle Saloon, Lizard Lick Towing, Storage Hunters, Impractical Jokers, Operation Repo, South Beach Tow, All Worked Up, Black Gold and World's Dumbest... truTV is also the cable home of the popular series Wipeout. In addition, truTV is a partner in airing the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.