Saturday Primetime Results:
· NBC led Saturday among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49, total viewers and all other key ratings categories with NBC Sports' coverage of the "U.S. Olympic Team Trials," which represented the #1 and #2 shows of the night on those networks in both categories.
· From 8-9 p.m. ET, NBC Sports' coverage of the "U.S. Olympic Team Trials: Swimming Finals" (1.3/6 in 18-49, 5.3 million viewers overall) led the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, total viewers and all other key categories. Versus Olympic Trials coverage in this hour one week earlier, this week's telecast is up 30 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.3 from a 1.0) and up 39 percent or 1.5 million persons in total viewers (5.332 million vs. 3.831 million). From its first half-hour to its second, the Olympic Trials telecast grew in 18-49 rating by 27 percent (to a 1.4 from a 1.1) and in total viewers by 18 percent (5.8 million from 4.9 million).
· From 9-10 p.m. ET, NBC Sports' coverage of the "U.S. Olympic Team Trials: Track & Field Finals" (1.8/7 in 18-49, 6.5 million viewers overall) led the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, total viewers and all other key categories and is the #1 telecast of the night on those networks in 18-49 and total viewers.
· At 10 p.m. ET, "The Firm" averaged a 0.5/2 in 18-49 and 2.6 million viewers overall. Week to week, "The Firm" is up 18 percent in total viewers (2.558 million vs. 2.163 million), pending updates.
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night (with 6 of 56 metered markets delayed, including the Local People Meter markets of Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.):
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Emma Stone and musical guest Coldplay (2.8/7 in metered-market households), dominated its time period. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Saturday Night Live" averaged a 1.3 rating, 6 share in adults 18-49, making it the night's #1 non-sports program in the Local People Meters, ahead of all primetime entertainment telecasts on ABC, CBS and NBC.
· "SNL" is currently matching its results of one week earlier in metered-market households and the Local People Meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.