VIEWERSHIP GROWTH CONTINUES FOR LIFETIME
Network Posts Strongest Year-on-Year Growth for July in Key Demos in 11 Years;
Median Age of 47 is Lifetime's Youngest for the Month in 17 Years
LOS ANGELES, CA (July 31, 2012) - On the heels of posting strong growth in Second Quarter 2012 versus Second Quarter 2011, viewership for Lifetime in July continued to increase year-on-year, with the network registering a 23% increase vs. July 2011 among Women 18-49, +15% in Women 25-54, +10% in Adults 18-49 and +4% among Adults 25-54, according to Nielsen Research. The 23% jump among Women 18-49 and +15% growth in Women 25-54 represent Lifetime's strongest July-to-July growth among both demos in 11 years (July, 2001) and the best increase among Adults 18-49 in seven years (July 2005). Among the top 20 basic cable networks, Lifetime was the second fastest growing network among Women 25-54 and Women 18-49 for July 2012 vs. July 2011. In addition, Lifetime's median age of 47 in July was its youngest median age for the month in 17 years.
Lifetime was July's number one cable network for original movies among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Women 2+, Adults 18+ and Women 18+. The July 21 world premiere of the network's Original Movie An Officer and a Murderer, starring Gary Cole, was the number one original cable movie for July 2012 among all of the key demos, including Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Women 2+, Adults 18+ and Women 18+.
Year-to-date, as a result of its aggressive increase in original programming spanning movies, reality and scripted, Lifetime is pacing ahead of 2011 year-to-date by +17% with Women 18-49 (the strongest year-to-year growth in 12 years, 2000 YTD), +10% with Adults 18-49 (seven years, 2005), +8% with Women 25-54 (10 years, 2002) and +3% with Adults 25-54 (seven years, 2005). Among the top 20 basic cable networks, Lifetime was the second fastest growing network among Adults 18-49 for 2012-YTD vs. 2011-YTD. The year-to-date median age of 47 also is Lifetime's youngest median age in 17 years, since 1995-YTD.
Lifetime's year-to-date highlights include:
· The Client List delivered Lifetime's strongest freshman season for an original series since Drop Dead Diva (Jul-Oct 2009) among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54. Among Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49, it was the best freshman season since Army Wives premiered in Jun-Aug 2007. The Client List propelled Lifetime to number one in the Sunday 10pm hour among Women 18+.
· Year-to-date, Dance Moms season 2 is the number one unscripted cable series in its Tuesday 9pm time period among Women 2+. Season 2 is over-delivering season 1 by +72% with Adults 18-49, +73% Women 18-49, +62% with Adults 25-54 and +63% with Women 25-54. It is Lifetime's youngest skewing current series with a Season 2-TD median age of 32 years old, five years younger than Season 1.
· Project Runway Season 10 is the number one unscripted series in its Thursday 9pm time period among Women 25-54, Women 18+ and Women 2+.
· Army Wives Season 6-to-date is the number one ad-supported cable series in its premiere time period among Women 18+.
· Drop Dead Diva ranks as the number one drama across ad-supported cable in the Sunday 9pm time period with Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Women 2+ and Women 18+.
· America's Most Wanted has improved the Friday 9pm time period by +43% with Total Viewers, +49% with Adults 25-54 and +25% with Women 25-54.
· Lifetime is the number one basic cable network for movies among Women 25-54 and Women 18+ across total day (excluding miniseries and networks with only one movie telecast).
· Drew Peterson: Untouchable, starring Rob Lowe, is the number one movie telecast across cable among Total Viewers, Adults 18+, Women 18+, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49 (excluding miniseries).
Lifetime Television is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. The network posted major growth in viewership among the key demographics in Second Quarter 2012 versus Second Quarter 2011, posting a 13% jump among Women 18-49, +5% among Adults 18-49 and +1% in Women 25-54. Additionally, among Women 18-49, Lifetime marked the network's strongest 2Q growth in 10 years. Lifetime Television(R), LMN(R), Lifetime Real Women(R) and Lifetime Digital(TM) are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group, Hearst Corporation and NBC Universal.