Live+7 Day Ratings: ABC's Returning and New Dramas See Big DVR Spikes in Week 2
Live+7 Day Ratings for the week of 10/1/12 (Week #2):
· Based on Nielsen's DVR playback data for the week, ABC's Grey's Anatomy soared over its initially reported Live + Same Day numbers by +1.7 rating points to deliver a 5.5 rating in Adults 18-49 and by +3.49 million viewers to draw 14.33 million Total Viewers in the final Live + 7 Day statistics. In fact, the ABC drama increased its DVR gains from the prior week (+1.5 rating points and +3.28 million viewers on w/o 9/24/12) to stand as the week's 2nd-biggest gainer among young adults. In addition, by picking up another +1.7 rating points, Grey's moved into a tie with NBC's The Voice to rank as the #2 entertainment series for the week among Adults 18-49 (5.5 rating for both programs).
Please note: ABC's Modern Family was pre-empted during the week for the Presidential debate.
· ABC's Revenge also posted bigger DVR increases this week, spiking by +1.2 rating points (+46%) to deliver a 3.8 rating among Adults 18-49 in the final L+7 numbers.
· ABC's Last Resort saw its Adult 18-49 number jump 53% (up from a 46% increase the prior week) from a 1.9 rating to a 2.9 rating. The rookie drama also surged by almost 2.5 million viewers in the 7 days of playback, rising from 8.00 million to 10.40 million Total viewers.
· For the 2nd straight week, ABC's freshman drama 666 Park Avenue shot up more than 50% over its first-reported L+SD number in Adults 18-49, going from a 1.7 rating to a 2.6 rating (+53%).
· For the 2nd week in a row, ABC had all 8 of its drama series add on more than 2.0 million viewers over their originally reported L+SD numbers: Castle (+3.51 million), Grey's Anatomy (+3.49 million), Revenge (+2.91 million), Once Upon a Time (+2.91 million), Last Resort (+2.40 million), Scandal (+2.26 million), Private Practice (+2.22 million) and 666 Park Avenue (+2.02 million).
· Among Adults 18-49, ABC saw 6 series add on at least a full rating point over their initially reported numbers (the most for any network): Grey's Anatomy (+1.7 rating - 3.8 to 5.5), Once Upon a Time (+1.3 rating - 3.4 to 4.7), Revenge (+1.2 rating - 2.6 to 3.8), Castle (+1.0 rating - 1.9 to 2.9), Last Resort (+1.0 rating - 1.9 to 2.9) and Private Practice (+1.0 rating - 1.6 to 2.6).