In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night (with the New York market excluded):
* "Saturday Night Live," with host Louis C.K. and musical guest fun, averaged a 5.0/12 in metered-market households, matching the show's second-highest overnights so far this season.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Saturday Night
Live" averaged a 3.0 rating, 13 share in adults 18-49, scoring "SNL's"
top rating in the Local People Meters since September 22 (with an episode hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt with musical guest Mumford &
Sons) and matching the show's top LPM result since May 12 (with a telecast hosted by Will Ferrell with musical guest Usher).
* In the Local People Meters, "SNL" was the #1 show of the night
on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, topping all primetime programs on those networks.
* Versus the same night last year, "SNL" was up 2 percent in
metered-market households (5.0 vs. 4.9) and up 7 percent in the Local People Meters (3.0 vs. 2.8).
* In national ratings so far this season, original telecasts of
"Saturday Night Live" are up versus one year ago by 7 percent in 18-49 rating (with a 3.1 vs. a 2.9, "most current") and up 5 percent in total viewers (7.8 million vs. 7.5 million).
Saturday Primetime Results:
* From 8-9 p.m. ET, NBC carried coverage of the 2012 Breeders'
Cup. Currently available fast-affiliate ratings are subject to significant adjustment for the live telecast. In metered-market households, the coverage averaged a 2.2/4, NBC's top result in the hour in four weeks. Last year, the Breeders' Cup was presented on ESPN from
6:30-7:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011 and averaged a 1.2 rating in metered-market households.
* From 9-11 p.m. ET, the NBC Movie of the Week, "Rudy," scored a
0.6/2 in 18-49 and 2.5 million viewers overall.
* The 1993 motion picture grew from its first half-hour to its
fourth by 60 percent in adults 18-49, (to a 0.8 rating from a 0.5), by
83 percent in adults 25-54 (1.1 vs. 0.6) and 59 percent or 1.2 million persons in total viewers (3.3 million vs. 2.1 million). By its fourth half-hour, "Rudy" was #2 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in women 18-49 and 25-54.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.