CBS RATINGS UPDATE
· BIG BROTHER (6.80m) was Sunday's #1 entertainment program in adults 18-49 (2.2) and adults 25-54 (2.7).
· UNFORGETTABLE (6.96m) was Sunday's most-watched entertainment program in viewers.
· For the night, the entire CBS Sunday lineup was even in A18-49 versus last week. The entire lineup was also up versus the same night last year.
· 60 MINUTES (R) was up +26% in viewers, +15% in A25-54 and was unchanged in A18-49.
· BIG BROTHER was up +18% in viewers, +5% in A18-49 and +8% in A25-54. BIG BROTHER was even in A18-49 versus last week.
· UNFORGETTABLE was up +153% in viewers, +140% in A18-49 and +143% in A25-54 versus the year-ago time period.
· THE MENTALIST (R) was up +40% in viewers, +33% in A18-49 and +25% in A25-54.
· CBS Sports' coverage of the final round of the Bridgestone Invitational Golf Tournament (3.8/9 versus 1.6/3) was up +138% over last year and was the highest-rated final round since 2009.
RATINGS IN CONTEXT OF TIME WARNER CABLE DISPUTE
· Time Warner Cable has blacked out CBS stations to 3.2 million of its customers in New York, Los Angeles and Dallas.
· The influence on the national average is expected to be minimal. Through the first three nights, CBS Research estimates a minor 1% impact.
· Because of CBS's strong ratings growth this summer, the net effect of the blackout will not present an overall ratings hardship.
· In addition, August is traditionally one of the lowest months of the year for ratings and advertising revenue, making the overall financial impact of the blackout negligible.