In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
· From 11:45 p.m.-1:15 a.m. ET, "Saturday Night Live," with host Jim Parsons and musical guest Back, averaged a 4.6/12 in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 2.6/11 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, making it the #1 telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in both metered-market households and 18-49 rating in the Local People Meters. Note that last night's "SNL" was delayed by a primetime hockey overrun.
Saturday Primetime Results:
Keep in mind that the fast-national Nielsens that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to revision for live sports telecasts. While the fast nationals may understate the hockey ratings, they currently show NBC tied for #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox from 8-11 p.m. ET in adults 18-49 and adults 18-34 and #1 outright among those networks in adults 25-54 and all key adult-male demos.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports' coverage of Pittsburgh Penguins-Chicago Blackhawks NHL Stadium Series game from Soldier Field in Chicago averaged a 2.1 rating, 4 share from 8-11:15 p.m. ET in households results in the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research. It's NBC's best overnight rating ever for a regular-season non-Winter Classic NHL telecast.
· The overnight for the game, in which the hometown Blackhawks handily defeated the Penguins, 5-1, was up 91% compared to last year's NHL regular-season average on NBC (1.1) and up 31% vs. NBC's afternoon NHL Stadium Series game on January 26 between the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils (1.6; 1:30-4:30 p.m. ET).
· Chicago posted a 14.9 rating, making it the highest-rated regular-season Blackhawks game ever on NBC in the Chicago market, topping the 2009 NHL Winter Classic (11.8), which saw the Detroit Red Wings defeat the Blackhawks, 6-4, at Chicago's Wrigley Field. In Pittsburgh, the game registered a 13.3 rating. NBC was No. 1 network in both markets from 8-11:15 pm ET.
· Following are the Top 5 markets for last night's game: Chicago, 14.9; Pittsburgh, 13.3; Buffalo, 6.8; Milwaukee, 3.2; Dayton, 2.4.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.