Nielsen Study-DVR Beyond 7 Days: Playback Is Increasing in Days 8-28
· ABC's top series have shown +20% or greater lifts over their Nielsen L+7 ratings when factoring in Online and VOD viewing out to 35 days, and Nielsen's custom DVR data for days 8-28 shows that significant viewing continues beyond the traditional 7-day DVR window.
· ABC's Prime programming paces ahead of competitive broadcast networks, with an average DVR 8-28 contribution of 4% (out of total A18-49 L+28 viewing).
· Compared to the last time Nielsen conducted this study 2 years ago (only Household data was available previously), DVR playback in days 8-28 has risen notably - at 4.4% of the L+28 HH rating so far this season, compared to 2.6% two years ago.
· Several of ABC's most timeshifted series - led by Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at #1, Revenge at #2, along with Modern Family, and How to Get Away with Murder - see significant contributions from DVR viewing in days 8-28, accounting for up to 6% of total multiplatform viewing.
· Modern Family and How to Get Away with Murder continue to be ABC's strongest comedy and drama based on total multiplatform performance, and those stories get even stronger when adding in DVR viewing for days 8-28. Nielsen's custom DVR 8-28 data adds an additional +0.3 A18-49 rating points to each show's average.