Wednesday Primetime Results:
· Regarding Wednesday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to change for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC Sports' 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Final hockey ranks #1 for the night among the Big 4 nets in adults 18-49, as well as adults 18-34, adults 25-54, all key adult-male demos, women 18-34 and women 18-49 (tie).
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Final hockey, featuring the Chicago Blackhawks at the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 1, won the night with a 4.23 rating, 7 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, making this the second-highest-rated Game 1 of a Stanley Cup Final to date on NBC, behind only 2013's triple-overnight Game 1 between the Blackhawks and Bruins.
· The Blackhawks' 2-1 comeback win last night produced a 28.0 rating in the Chicago market, the third-best NHL rating to date on NBC, behind only the two Stanley Cup-clinching Game 6 telecasts in 2010 and 2013
· Game 1 produced a 17.9 rating in the Tampa market, best ever for Lightning game on the NBC networks and up +50% versus last week's Game 7 Eastern Conference Final versus the New York Rangers (11.9 on NBCSN)
In Late-Night Metered Markets Wednesday Night:
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.9/7; CBS's "Mentalist" rebroadcast, 1.9/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.8/5 with an encore.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 1.2/6; "The Mentalist" rebroadcast, 0.3/1; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3 with an encore.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.2/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.2/4 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show" (1.1/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49) topped "Late Late Show" (0.2/2).
· At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.