· Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for Sunday night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings measure - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers -- in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's San Francisco 49ers-New York Giants "Sunday Night Football" game averaged a 13.1 rating, 22 share in metered-market households from 8:30 to 11:45 p.m. ET and NBC won the night in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· The Giants win over the 49ers earned the highest metered-market household rating for an NFL primetime game versus a Major League Baseball Division Series game since 1997 (Patriots-Broncos, 15.4 on ABC).
· The 13.1/22 for 49ers-Giants is the second-best Week 5 overnight in the 10 years "Sunday Night Football" has aired on NBC (behind only the 14.0 for Packers-Falcons in 2011).
· The 13.1/22 for 49ers-Giants on SNF is up from last year's Week 5 game (12.8/20 for Bengals-Patriots).
· In each of its first six games this season, NBC's "Sunday Night Football" has been up versus the same game for the prior season in metered-market households. It's the first time in the 10-season history of "SNF" on NBC that each of the first six games has grown versus the prior year.
· The 49ers-Giants thriller on "SNF" posted a 7.7 rating in 18-49 in the local people meters - up +5% versus last year's Week 5 game (7.3).
· Top local ratings for the 49ers-Giants game on NBC were: 1. Sacramento, 24.2/41; 2. San Francisco-Oakland, 22.6/41; 3. Las Vegas, 20.7/34; 4. West Palm Beach, 16.9/27; 5. New York, 16.8/27; 6. Denver, 16.4/27; 7. Richmond, 16.2/24; 8. New Orleans, 16.1/24; 9. Albuquerque, 15.8/25; 10t. Indianapolis and Milwaukee, 15.1/26 and 15.1/25.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.