"MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE" RANKS AS THE #1 ENTERTAINMENT TELECAST OF THE SEASON ON THE BROADCAST NETS IN METERED MARKET HOUSEHOLDS
IN 18-49 IN THE LOCAL PEOPLE METERS, IT'S THE SECOND-HIGHEST-RATED MACY'S PARADE IN 12 YEARS
"THE NATIONAL DOG SHOW PRESENTED BY PURINA" JUMPS +15% VS. LAST YEAR TO ITS TOP 18-49 RATING IN THE LPMs IN THE 13 YEARS NBC HAS TRACKED IT BY THAT MEASURE
Thursday Metered-Market Results:
· NBC's coverage of "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" has delivered the #1 rating for any entertainment telecast on the broadcast networks so far this season in metered market households.
· In adult 18-49 rating in the local people meters, it was the second-highest-rated "Macy's" parade in 12 years. At noon, "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina" walked off with its best-ever 18-49 rating in the LPMs in the 13 years NBC has been tracking the event by that measure.
· From 9 a.m.-noon, the 89th annual "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade," hosted by Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker of NBC's "Today," averaged a 12.6 rating, 27 share in households in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and a 7.0/30 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· The 12.6 rating in households is the highest for any entertainment telecast on the broadcast networks so far this season, ahead of all primetime non-sports programming so far this season on ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox. The highest primetime rating on the Big 4 so far this season excluding sports is the 12.5/19 for CBS's "60 Minutes" on Sunday, Nov. 15.
· The parade's 7.0 in 18-49 is up +1% versus last year's 6.9/28, making it the second-highest demo rating for the parade in 12 years (since 2003, 10.1, when only the New York market was measured in the LPMs, trailing over that span only the 2013 parade and its 7.2/30). The 12.6 in households retains 99% of last year's 12.7/26.
· From noon-2 p.m., NBC's coverage of "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina," hosted by John O'Hurley and featuring the commentary of expert analyst David Frei (5.8/13 in metered-market households, 3.0/12 in 18-49 in the local people meters), romped +15% ahead of last year's 2.6/10 in the LPMs, for the highest rating ever for the "National Dog Show" in the 13 years NBC has tracked it in the local people meters.
· The 5.8 rating in households is up +2% versus last year's 5.7/13 and is the second-highest rating for the "National Dog Show" in 11 years (trailing the 6.0/14 of 2013, but otherwise the event's high since a 6.3/14 in 2004).
NOTE: Results are based on "live plus same day" data from Nielsen Media Research, unless otherwise indicated.