Live Facebook Chat Events for Winter Finale of "Pretty Little Liars" Amass
Over 1.7 Million Video Views Including Record-Setting Volumes
on the Live Facebook Chat on the Entertainment Weekly Page
Winter Finale is TV's #1 Telecast in the Hour Across Key 18-34 and 12-34 Demos and the #1 Scripted Cable TV Telecast in Total Viewers; Delivers Nearly 10 Million Video Starts for the Season Across Digital Platforms
"Pretty Little Liars": Live Facebook Chats
On Tuesday, March 15, 2016, executive producer Marlene King and the "Pretty Little Liars" cast participated in multiple online events for the show's winter finale - including a live Facebook chat on the Entertainment Weekly page, a live Facebook chat on the "Pretty Little Liars" page, live-tweeting by the cast during the episode and a live Facebook chat from the "Pretty Little Liars" page following the finale teasing what's to come in season seven - that amassed 1.7 million video views in just one day on Facebook Live. Cast that participated included: Ashley Benson, Tyler Blackburn, Ian Harding, Keegan Allen, Janel Parrish, Andrea Parker and Huw Collins.
· The live Facebook chat from the Entertainment Weekly page was their #1 Facebook Live chat ever with over 400,000 Viewers total, including 30,000 in just the first five minutes.
· Leading up to the winter finale, the Facebook Live video chat with the cast & Marlene via the "Pretty Little Liars" Facebook page ahead generated another 762,000+ views.
· Directly following the winter finale, the Facebook Live video chat with Marlene on the PLL Facebook page, when she shared four teasers about the upcoming season 7, delivered an additional 632,000+ views.
"Pretty Little Liars": 2015-16 to Date/Historic Social Media Highlights
· #1 scripted show on all TV with 122.6 million Total Engagements across Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter.
· #1 scripted show on Instagram with 4.7 million Total Fans and 85.8 million Total Engagements, towering over #2 "The Walking Dead" by +82% in Total Engagements.
· Holder of the Top 6 most tweeted scripted telecasts in cable TV history.
· One of Snapchat's fastest-growing brands with over 1.6 million Friends.
· #1 scripted show on Pinterest
"Pretty Little Liars" Live + 3 TV Ratings:
The winter finale of "Pretty Little Liars" ranked as TV's #1 scripted telecast for the day in Women 18-34 (809,000/2.4 rating) and Females 12-34 (1.1 million/2.4 rating) - only behind NBC's "The Voice" - and was the #2 cable TV telecast in Adults 18-34 (991,000/1.5 rating) and Viewers 12-34 (1.3 million/1.4 rating).
· In its time period, "Pretty Little Liars" stood as TV's #1 telecast across target Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Viewers 12-34 and Females 12-34, was cable TV's #1 telecast in Adults 18-49 (1.3 million/1.0 rating) and Women 18-49 (1.1 million/1.7 rating) and was the #1 scripted cable TV telecast in Total Viewers (2.0 million).
· On digital platforms, "Pretty Little Liars" has generated nearly 10.0 million starts season to date across the across WATCH, MVPD, Hulu Ad and ad-free platforms, including 545,000 starts for its finale in the first 3 days.
Source: NPower, 3/15/16, Live + 3. Social Media Sources: ListenFirst. Digital: WATCH Freefom, MVPD platforms and Hulu.