VH1 LEADS THE TOP 25 CABLE NETWORKS AS THE FASTEST GROWING ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL IN FIRST QUARTER, UP +29%
VH1 Now a Top 5 Network for Women 18-34 and Top 10 Network Among Adults 18-34
Pop Culture Network Posts Third Consecutive Quarter of Growth;
Highest Rated Quarter in Six Years
NEW YORK, March 30, 2016 -- VH1 is the fastest growing entertainment network out of the top 25 cable channels for the quarter ended March 27* thanks to record double-digit ratings growth in both primetime and total day.
Total day ratings for the quarter soared +29%** compared to first quarter of the prior year. VH1 is now a top 5 non-sports cable network among women 18-34 (#5) and a top 10 non-sports cable network among adults 18-34, ranking #8.
VH1's primetime ratings in the Adult 18-49 demo increased +11% in the quarter and jumped +17% in the adult 18-34 demo.
The quarter was also VH1's third consecutive quarter of growth in total day ratings, in the adult 18-49 demo. This is the network's highest rated quarter since 2nd quarter 2010.
VH1's quarterly growth is propelled by many hit franchises:
· "Love & Hip Hop: New York" is pacing as its highest-rated season in series history, tracking up +11% from prior season. The show currently ranks as the #1 non-sports cable series in its time period with key women and adults demos.
· The January 4 premiere of the VH1 Original Film "The Breaks" was the #1 cable program in its 9-11 pm time period among adults 18-34. The premiere delivered a 1.3 in the Adult 18-49 demo and 1.8 million total viewers in its 9 PM debut. When combined with its 11 pm encore, 2.6 million total viewers tuned in that night.
· "Mob Wives" was up +9% from prior season and finished as its highest rated season in four years (Season 2 in 2012)
· "Stevie J & Joseline Go Hollywood" is the highest-rated debut for a new unscripted cable series this year with Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Women 18-49, and Women 18-34.
· The 1/18/2016 season premiere of "Hit The Floor" was the #1 non-sports cable program in the time period with adults 18-34, women 18-34 and women 18-49. The premiere scored a 1.1 in the adult 18-49 demo and 1.7 million total viewers in its 9 pm debut. When combined with its 11 pm encore, 2.5 million total viewers tuned in.
· The second season debut of "K. Michelle: My Life" on January 25 ranked as the #1 cable series in its time period among all key female demos. The premiere earned a 1.6 rating in the adult 18-49 demo, up +7% from the series premiere in November 2014. When combined with its 12:30 AM encore, 3.2 million total viewers tuned in that evening.
VH1 is the dominant pop culture brand for adults 18-34, creating their pop culture today while celebrating the pop culture of their past. VH1 is available in 93 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul, the VH1 App, VH1.com and @VH1, the hub for all things music and pop culture. Fans may also access current and retro VH1 programming via the VH1 App, the network's three-in-one video, new form content and co-viewing app, available for free on iOS and Android platforms. VH1 is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to www.vh1press.com, VH1.com, or the VH1 Facebook page. Follow us on Twitter @VH1PR.
# # #
*Source: NMR, Live+SD; 12/28/15-03/27/16 versus 12/29/14-03/29/15; Total Day; Excludes ESPN, ADSM, NAN