"SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE," WITH HOST AZIZ ANSARI AND MUSICAL GUEST BIG SEAN, SCORES THE SHOW'S TOP OVERNIGHTS SINCE NOV. 12
In Late-Night Metered-Market Ratings for Saturday Night:
· "Saturday Night Live" has scored the show's highest metered-market ratings since Nov. 12.
· The Jan. 21 telecast, with host Aziz Ansari and musical guest Big Sean, scored a 5.1 rating, 13 share in "live plus same day" household results from the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and a 2.5/12 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· These are the strongest "Saturday Night Live" local-market ratings since the Nov. 12 telecast, which was the first "SNL" to follow the Presidential election. Featuring host Dave Chappelle and musical guest A Tribe Called Quest, the Nov. 12 edition averaged a 6.2 household rating and a 3.9 in 18-49 in the local people meters.
· The 5.1 rating in households beat results for the final 10 "Saturday Night Live" originals from last season, while the 2.5 in 18-49 in the local people meters topped last season's final 11 first-runs.
· Last night's "Saturday Night Live" was the #1 telecast of the night on the broadcast networks in both metered-market households and in 18-49 in the local people meters, outrating every Saturday primetime telecast on those nets in both categories.
· National ratings, including viewer totals, for last night's "Saturday Night Live" are due from Nielsen on Tuesday.
· Note that "SNL" adds substantial viewership via time-shifting, with originals so far this season growing by +58% in 18-49 and +3.280 million persons or +44% in total viewers nationally going from "live plus same day" Nielsens to "live plus seven day" figures. In L+SD, "SNL" this season has averaged a 2.25 rating in 18-49 nationally and 7.525 million viewers overall, and in L+7, "SNL" grew to a 3.55 in 18-49 and 10.805 million viewers.
· Versus the same point last season, "SNL" originals are up +27% in 18-49 nationally (3.55 vs. 2.79) and +2.317 million persons or +27% in total viewers (10.805 million vs. 8.488 million).
· The average 10.805 million viewers in L+7 makes this the show's most-watched season at this point in 24 years (versus prior seasons' original telecasts through comparable dates), best since 1992 (12.308 million for that season's first eleven originals).
· The 3.55 average in L+7 adults 18-49 rating nationally average is the show's best performances in the demo at this point since 2008 (4.34 for that season's first eleven originals).
Saturday Primetime Ratings:
· NBC Sports' primetime coverage of the "U.S. Figure Skating Championships" averaged a 0.4 rating, 2 share in adults 18-49 and 2.8 million viewers overall from 8-11 p.m. ET.
· From its first half-hour to its sixth, the "U.S. Figure Skating Championships" grew by 0.1 of a point or +25% in 18-49 rating (0.4 to 0.5), +40% in adults 25-54 (0.5 to 0.7) and +25% in total viewers (2.7 million to 3.3 million).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.