In Late-Night Metered-Market Ratings for Saturday Night:
· A Feb. 25 encore of "Saturday Night Live," with host Emma Stone and musical guest Shawn Mendes, has averaged a 3.3 rating, 9 share in households in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 1.2/7 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· Last night's "Saturday Night Live" encore was the #1 show of the night on the broadcast networks in 18-49 in the local people meters, outrating every Saturday primetime telecast on those nets in the 18-49 demo.
· Versus what the show averaged last year with February rebroadcasts, last night's "Saturday Night Live" is up +10% in metered-market households (3.3 vs. 3.0). In fact, the 3.3 rating in households beats every encore telecast of "SNL" from last season in metered-market households.
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals so far this season growing by +59% in 18-49 and +3.405 million persons or +45% in total viewers nationally going from "live plus same day" Nielsens to "live plus seven day" figures. In L+SD, "SNL" this season has averaged a 2.24 rating in 18-49 nationally and 7.617 million viewers overall, and in L+7, "SNL" grew to a 3.57 in 18-49 and 11.022 million viewers.
· Versus the same point last season, "SNL" originals are up +21% in 18-49 nationally (3.57 vs. 2.94) and +2.253 million persons or +26% in total viewers (11.022 million vs. 8.769 million).
· The average 11.022 million viewers in L+7 makes this the show's most-watched season at this point in 24 years (versus prior seasons' original telecasts through comparable dates), best since 92-93 (12.903 million for that season's first 13 originals).
· The 3.57 average in L+7 adults 18-49 rating nationally average is the show's best performances in the demo at this point since 08-09 (4.11 for that season's first 16 originals).
· National ratings, including viewer totals, for last night's "Saturday Night Live" encore are due from Nielsen on Tuesday.
Saturday Primetime Ratings:
· Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to change for live sports coverage. In these preliminary results, NBC is currently tied for #2 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 and #2 outright among those networks in adults 18-34 an all key adult-male demos in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of the Philadelphia Flyers-Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Stadium Series game from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh averaged a 1.18 rating in metered-market households from 8-11 p.m. ET. NBC ranked #2 for the night in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· The Flyers-Penguins game grew +13% in metered-market households versus last year's comparable Saturday primetime outdoor game on NBC (1.04 for Red Wings-Avalanche on Feb. 27, 2016).
· Locally, the game scored a 16.3 rating in Pittsburgh, a top-five result for a regular-season game in that market. The Philadelphia market delivered a 5.1 rating.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.