NBC FINISHES #1 IN DEMO FOR EIGHTH WIN OVER LAST NINE SEASONS
Network Captures Crown for 52-Week Season as "Sunday Night Football," "Saturday Night Live" and "This Is Us" Take Top Spots
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - Sept. 19, 2022 - For the second straight year and the eighth time in the last nine seasons, NBC has finished #1 among all networks in the 18-49 demo race over the course of the 52-week season.
With the 2021-22 season ending Sunday, Sept. 18, NBC won the demo derby among all programming with an 0.9 in adults 18-49 by 13% over Fox (0.8), ABC (0.7) and CBS (0.7).
NBC was also #1 in several other demos: women 18-49, adults 18-34, women 18-34 and adults, men and women 25-54.
"NBC remains best in class in broadcast as well as being a vital pillar of our diversified portfolio," said Frances Berwick, Chairman, Entertainment Networks, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. "As we begin our new season and look toward the future, NBC continues to lead the pack across programming genres in the ever-expanding television landscape."
"NBC's lineup has always had a strong and emotional connection with viewers," said Susan Rovner, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming's Chairman of Entertainment Content. "We're extremely proud of this #1 ranking, which is a testament to the hard work of the producers, cast and everyone who all work exceedingly hard to create quality programming for our loyal audience all-year round."
Among the NBC program highlights:
· "Sunday Night Football" was the #1 program in both the 18-49 demo and total viewers for the 11th consecutive season.
· "This Is Us" and "Saturday Night Live" were the #1 and #2 broadcast entertainment series, respectively, in the demo.
· "Saturday Night Live" was the #1 comedy in the demo for the third consecutive season.
· "This Is Us" was the #1 drama in the demo for sixth consecutive season.
· "The Voice" was the #1 unscripted series in total viewers for the third consecutive season.
· "La Brea" was the highest-rated new drama of the season in the demo.
· One Chicago: Wednesday was TV's highest-rated night of dramas in both the 18-49 demo and total viewers (live + 7).
· "Password" was the #1 new unscripted show of the season in total viewers.
· "America's Got Talent" was the most-watched summer broadcast alternative series for the 17th straight year
· NBC has eight shows in the top 20, more than any other network.
· "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" tied for #1 in the demo in live + same day viewing and was the only late-night talk show not to experience declines in total viewers.
· Emmy Award nominee "Late Night with Seth Meyers" finished #1 in both the demo and total viewers in its time period in live + 7 viewing.