Adult Swim Claims #1 Ad-Supported Cable Network Ranking among Adults 18-34 and 18-24 in First Day of Nielsen Measurement
Network Scores Four of Top Ten Programs for Adults 18-34, 18-24 on Basic Cable
Following its first day (March 28) as a separately rated individual network, Adult Swim ranked #1 in total day ratings and delivery with adults 18-34 and 18-24 among all ad-supported cable networks, according to Nielsen Media Research. Adult Swim claimed four of ad-supported cable�s Top 10 shows with adults 18-34, including Futurama (11:30 p.m.) at #6, Family Guy (11 p.m.) at #7, and original series Aqua Teen Hunger Force (12 and 12:15 a.m.) at #8 and #9, respectively.
Highlights of the new service�s delivery and ratings performance among its target demos include the following:
Adult Swim (Monday, March 28, 11 p.m.-6 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 351,000 viewers with a 0.5 rating.
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 188,000 viewers with a 0.7 rating.
Futurama (Monday, March 28, 11:30 p.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 825,000 viewers with a 1.3 rating.
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 431,000 viewers with a 1.5 rating.
Family Guy (Monday, March 28, 11 p.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 767,000 viewers with a 1.2 rating.
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 395,000 viewers with a 1.4 rating.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Monday, March 28, 12 a.m.-12:15 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 760,000 viewers with a 1.2 rating.
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 409,000 viewers with a 1.5 rating.
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s network dedicated to edgy animated comedy and action series, both original and acquired, airing Saturday-Thursday from 11 p.m-6 a.m. (ET, PT). Adult Swim shares channel space with Cartoon Network, home to the best in original, classic and acquired programming for children and families, and is seen in 87.8 million U.S. homes.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 3/28/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.