"American Idols Live!" Tour Announces Official Dates
Featuring the Top 11 Contestants from Season 10 and Hitting 45 Markets
Tickets Go On Sale Friday, May 13th at 10am
LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2011 -- AMERICAN IDOL will heat up arenas across North America, when AMERICAN IDOLS LIVE! returns for another summer jaunt, showcasing performances by this season's top 11. The tour commences in West Valley City, UT at the Maverik Center on Wednesday July 6th and wraps up Saturday September 10th in Rochester, NY at the Blue Cross Arena. Tickets will be available for purchase Friday, May 13th at 10am via www.AmericanIdol.com , www.ticketmaster.com and www.aeglive.com
AMERICAN IDOLS LIVE! 2011 lineup promises to be the most memorable yet given the diverse and daring talent on the roster, and it's hitting markets all across North America with 45 dates confirmed. The top 11 comprising the tour - Casey Abrams, Haley Reinhart, Jacob Lusk, James Durbin, Lauren Alaina, Naima Adedapo, Paul McDonald, Pia Toscano, Scotty McCreery, Stefano Langone, and Thia Megia - are primed and pumped to give fans a night of unique and unforgettable performances.
AMERICAN IDOL remains the #1 rated show in America, watched more than any other programming, and it's because of the amazing talent. This year, iconic judges Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler, and Jennifer Lopez went through a tight race to narrow the contestants down for America to decide who will be the next big star. Their wisdom, candor, and sense of humor continue to propel the show along at a lightning pace.
Watching AMERICAN IDOL at home is always enjoyable, but seeing these artists live is an experience. Past tours have featured current pop luminaries such as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, David Cook, Adam Lambert, Lee DeWyze and so many more. Every summer, the tour keeps IDOL alive in arenas everywhere allowing the audiences the chance to get up close and personal with their favorite contestants. This top eleven will have crowds on their feet singing along to every word. Get ready...
The AMERICAN IDOL season finale will air on FOX May 26th, but the action will continue live on stage all summer with AMERICAN IDOLS LIVE! Don't miss it when it hits a town near you.
All confirmed tour dates:
· 7/6 West Valley City, UT Maverik Center
· 7/8 Everett, WA Comcast Arena at Everett Events Center
· 7/9 Portland, OR Rose Garden
· 7/11 Sacramento, CA Power Balance Pavilion
· 7/12 Oakland, CA The Oracle Arena
· 7/13 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
· 7/15 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre LA Live
· 7/16 Ontario, CA Citizens Business Bank Arena
· 7/17 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Arena
· 7/19 Oklahoma, OK Cox Convention Center
· 7/20 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater at Grand Prairie
· 7/21 Houston, TX Reliant Arena
· 7/22 New Orleans, LA Lakefront Arena
· 7/24 Orlando, FL Amway Center
· 7/26 Duluth, GA Arena at Gwinnett Center
· 7/27 Raleigh, NC RBC Center
· 7/28 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena
· 7/30 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
· 7/31 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
· 8/2 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
· 8/3 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
· 8/4 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
· 8/6 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
· 8/7 Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena
· 8/9 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center
· 8/10 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
· 8/11 Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena
· 8/13 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
· 8/14 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
· 8/17 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
· 8/19 Washington, DC Verizon Center
· 8/20 Richmond, VA Richmond Coliseum
· 8/21 Wilkes-Barre, PA Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
· 8/23 Long Island, NY Nassau Coliseum
· 8/25 Bridgeport, CT Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard
· 8/27 Providence, RI Dunkin' Donuts Center
· 8/28 Albany, NY Times Union Center
· 8/30 Portland, ME Cumberland County Civic Center
· 8/31 Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena
· 9/1 Worcester, MA DCU Center
· 9/3 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
· 9/6 Syracuse, NY War Memorial Arena at The Oncenter
· 9/7 Reading, PA Sovereign Center
· *9/9 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre* Tickets for Toronto, ON will go on sale May 13th at 12pm Local Time
· 9/10 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
Tickets are subject to applicable service charges.
Event time and date subject to change.
For the latest tour and ticketing information please visit:
About CKX, Inc.
CKX, Inc. is engaged in the ownership, development and commercial utilization of globally recognized entertainment content. The Company's current properties include the rights to the name, image and likeness of Elvis Presley and Muhammad Ali and the operations of Graceland. Through its wholly-owned division 19 Entertainment Ltd., CKX owns proprietary rights to the "Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance" television brands, including the "American Idol" series in the United States and local adaptations of the "Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance" television show formats, which collectively, air in more than 100 countries, as well as other television properties. Also through 19, CKX has relationships and partnerships with some of the biggest names in entertainment, including Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry, David Cook and Adam Lambert. For more information about CKX, Inc., visit its corporate website at www.ckx.com.
About AEG Live
AEG Live, the live-entertainment division of Los Angeles-based AEG, is dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance. AEG Live is comprised of touring, festival, exhibition, broadcast, merchandise and special event divisions, fifteen regional offices and owns, operates or exclusively books thirty-five state-of-the-art venues. The current and recent concert tour roster includes artists such as Taylor Swift, The Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Justin Bieber, Leonard Cohen, Wisin & Yandel, Kenny Chesney, P!nk and Paul McCartney. The company is also currently producing shows in Las Vegas including Celine Dion at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Supernatural Santana: A Trip Through the Hits at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casinos, and Barry Manilow at Paris. Our exhibition portfolio boasts the most successful exhibition of all time, Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharoaohs, which has attracted more than 7 million visitors since 2005. AEG Live is also the largest producer of music festivals in North America from the critically acclaimed Coachella Music & Arts Festival to Stagecoach and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.