EVERY KIND OF FAMILY AND ALL KINDS OF DRAMA!
WE tv LAUNCHES A BRAND-NEW ORIGINAL SERIES
Premieres Thursday, March 29 at 10PM ET/PT
Erica and Tina Campbell are More than a Grammy(R)Award-Winning Gospel Group....They're Sisters, Mothers and Career Women Who Strive to Balance it All
PASADENA, CA - January 14, 2012 - Talk about a sister act! As the popular three-time Grammy(R) award-winning gospel duo, "Mary Mary," Erica and Tina Campbell are busy career women touring the country, promoting their sixth album, "Something Big" and walking Hollywood red carpets. More than that, they're sisters and mothers who strive to balance hectic careers with growing families. Now, WE tv brings a brand-new original series, MARY MARY, that follows the sisters in their daily lives as they work to do it all. The series premieres Thursday, March 29 at 10pm ET/PT, then continues each week at 9pm ET/PT with ten, hour-long episodes.
Music is a family business for the Campbell sisters: Erica's husband, Warryn, is the group's producer and Tina's husband, Teddy, is the drummer in Jay Leno's band. Outside of the recording studio, both ladies struggle to balance family life - a challenge all on its own. Erica and Warryn are expecting their third child in February, and Tina and Teddy are raising a blended family of four. The sisters also have a very large, extended family of seven siblings to deal with - one of which, Goo, is the group's stylist - and their parents, who have been married and divorced three times to each other, and now currently separated. When it comes to finding harmony, singing's the easy part!
Go inside Erica & Tina's homes, meet their families and see what life is like behind-the-scenes and on the road when you're a famous singing sister, mother and wife. From diapers and day care, to recording studios and awards ceremonies, there's no hat Erica and Tina won't wear, or at least try on!
- Mary Mary heads to the Soul Train Awards for a special performance, which leads to a surprise win for the duo...and a family argument over wardrobe choices!
- Friction arises between Erica and Tina when a Macy's Thanksgiving performance in Atlanta means Tina will miss her daughter's recital and the holiday with her family. Erica, however, has a special Thanksgiving surprise in store.
- Being nominated for a Grammy(R) is BIG news for any recording artist. When Erica and Tina learn Mary Mary has been nominated for not one but two awards, cameras are there to capture the news.
- A pregnant Erica goes into early contractions and is given doctor's orders to strictly limit travel, much to her resistance. What will happen to the fate of their upcoming Mary Mary tour?
- When Tina begins to notice a few telltale symptoms of her own, she worries if she might be pregnant again.
- Tina looks to her other sister Goo to help her "spice" up her look a bit for her husband, Teddy. Goo is happy to help...for a small fee!
MARY MARY is produced for WE tv by eOne Televison. Executive Producers for eOne Television: Tara Long, John Morayniss, Eric Hoberman and Mitchell Solarek. Executive Producer for WE tv: Kate Farrell.
About WE tv
WE tv (www.wetv.com) is the women's network that showcases an unfiltered, modern view of family life. The original programming presents stories from a woman's perspective and features celebrities and personalities audiences can relate to and embrace. The network's slate of original series, including the hit shows Braxton Family Values, Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?, Bridezillas and My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, underscore WE tv's brand position and tagline, Life As WE Know It, which signifies the connection women share based on similar life experiences during life's defining moments - like getting married, raising a family, dealing with sibling rivalry, and making ends meet. Owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., WE tv is available in over 76 million homes and is available in HD and on demand.