G4'S CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SERIES "BOMB PATROL: AFGHANISTAN" RETURNS WITH SEVEN NEW EPISODES TUESDAY, MARCH 27TH AT 10PM ET/PT
Seven-Episode Run from Big Fish Entertainment Includes Revealing Look into Grueling EOD Training, Extended Footage from Nerve-Racking Missions Abroad and a Tell-All Reunion Special Hosted By Josh Duhamel
Los Angeles, CA, February 28, 2012 - "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan," G4's ground-breaking unscripted series which gives viewers an extraordinary look at an elite, eight man U.S. Navy EOD platoon as they confront danger and put their lives on the line, is returning this spring with seven additional episodes featuring never-before-seen missions and behind-the-scenes footage. Actor Josh Duhamel continues to narrate the series as each new episode delves deeper into the five month tour of Navy EOD Platoon 3-4-2, one of the world's most premier combat forces for countering Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), and all other types of weaponry. Produced by Big Fish Entertainment, "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" returns Tuesday, March 27th at 10pm ET.
The series takes G4 viewers to the war-torn battlegrounds of North Afghanistan to experience the lives of EOD technicians utilizing footage captured throughout the tour by over 15 cameras, including both helmet and body mounted. Now back from their deployment, the men of Platoon 3-4-2 will sit down for the first time to share their heroic stories and near death experiences in a reunion show hosted by the series narrator, actor Josh Duhamel. Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician 1st Class Ricky Thibeault, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Officer Lieutenant Brad Penley, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Chief Petty Officer John Groat and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician 2nd Class Chase Holzhauer will discuss the nerve-racking moments and split-second decisions from their deployment and the series and answer questions provided by fans.
Additional new episodes include:
· "The Lost Missions"- A number of the platoon's duties, missions and candid moments not aired during the series initial run.
· "Weapons Tech & Training" An in-depth look at the high-tech gear used by Navy EOD Technicians and the intense training they must go through to proudly wear the EOD badge - a challenge that only one percent of the United States Navy accepts.
· "Behind-the-Scenes" - A revealing glimpse at the day-to-day life of the sailors and the production team that followed them during their five month deployment.
· "Route X Director's Cut" (Two-Episode Special) - An expanded look at the most harrowing mission for Platoon 3-4-2 as the team was tasked to clear the most heavily mined road in Northern Afghanistan. This two-part special will immerse viewers even more into the painstakingly difficult process of clearing Route X and will also show additional moments of terror as a Taliban triggerman remotely detonated bombs on the road from a nearby village.
· "The Best of Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" An hour-long look back at the most hear-racing, nerve-racking moments of season one.
"Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" was a critical and ratings success for G4. The first season provided strong gains over its year-ago time period and the "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" finale was the most watched premiere original episode in G4's history with Adults 18-49. See what had critics and viewers enthralled with the return of "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan," beginning Tuesday, March 27th at 10PM ET/PT on G4.
"Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" is produced by Big Fish Entertainment with Doug DePriest and Dan Cesareo serving as executive producers. Laura Civiello and Tim Rummel are the series network executives for G4.
Check out up-to-date information on "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" at: http://www.g4tv.com/bombpatrol/ and http://www.facebook.com/BombPatrol and follow on Twitter @G4TV.
G4 offers the last word on gaming, technology, animation, interactivity and "geek culture" for the male 18-34 demo. The network, which is available in 59 million cable and satellite homes nationwide, has given young guys of today's digital generation a television home. G4tv.com is a top web destination for video game news and information. The network's popular original programming includes "Attack of the Show!," "X-Play," "American Ninja Warrior" and "Campus PD." G4 also continues to expand its live event coverage at CES, Comic-Con, E3, Tokyo Game Show and more. G4's Multiplex features content on all possible digital platforms, including G4tv.com, G4 Mobile, G4 Podcasts, G4 on Demand, G4 Video Player, G4 Wii Portal and G4 PS3 Portal. G4 is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience