"EXTRA" AND "THE VOICE" PARTNER FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH "EXTRA'S 'THE VOICE' BOOTCAMP EXPERIENCE" TO GIVE ASPIRING SINGERS A VOCAL WORKOUT
In a promotional first with "Extra," one singer will receive this exclusive opportunity,
which includes a vocal lesson, makeover and audition with "The Voice" casting director
BURBANK, Calif. (March 24, 2014) - Every aspiring singer and fan of NBC's "The Voice" - the Emmy(R) Award-winning singing competition series and No. 1 reality show - has imagined hanging out with superstar coaches Adam Levine, Shakira, Blake Shelton and Usher. How great it would be to spend time with them as well as go behind the scenes with those folks who help shape the style and look of the competitors. Now, for the first time, long-running entertainment news magazine "Extra" is teaming up with "The Voice" to send one singer to "Extra's 'The Voice' Bootcamp Experience."
Here's how it works:
· Beginning Monday, March 24, 2014, "Extra" will host an extensive talent search to give one singer an exclusive opportunity for a vocal lesson with "The Voice" vocal coach Trelawny Rose, a makeover with "The Voice" stylists, and a one-on-one audition with "The Voice" casting director.
· Viewers interested in competing will have the chance to audition online at Extratv.com/thevoice until midnight Friday, April 18.
· The top contestants will be chosen and, after an online voting period, 11 finalists will visit "Extra" at Universal Studios Hollywood to sing for hosts Mario Lopez and Maria Menounos.
· After performing for Mario and Maria, the "Extra" hosts will choose one lucky person to go through "Extra's 'The Voice' Bootcamp Experience."
· The winner will also receive two tickets to "The Voice" finale and be featured on "Extra."
For more information or to submit an audition online, visit Extratv.com/thevoice. "Extra" airs weeknights (check local listings) and "The Voice" airs Mondays and Tuesday at 8/7c on NBC.