[09/21/21 - 01:00 PM] BTS, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo, Elton John and More to Headline ABC's Broadcast of "Global Citizen Live" Highlights Show, Sunday, Sept. 26 ABC News Live and Hulu will air the 24-hour event in full, beginning Saturday, September 25.
[via press release from ABC]
BTS, JENNIFER LOPEZ, LIZZO, ELTON JOHN
AND MORE TO HEADLINE ABC'S BROADCAST OF
'GLOBAL CITIZEN LIVE' HIGHLIGHTS SHOW, SUNDAY, SEPT. 26
ABC News Live and Hulu to Air Concert in Full, Beginning Saturday, Sept. 25,
and FX to Air Compilation Special on Sunday, Sept. 26
New Promo Available Here
ABC will air a highlights show of "Global Citizen Live," a once-in-a-generation day of unity across six continents from international advocacy organization Global Citizen, on SUNDAY, SEPT. 26 (7:00-8:00 p.m. EDT). The ABC broadcast will feature exclusive performances from across the globe by BTS, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo, Elton John and more to be announced at a later date. ABC News Live and Hulu will air the 24-hour event in full, beginning SATURDAY, SEPT. 25 (1:00 p.m. EDT), and FX will air a four-hour compilation special on SUNDAY, SEPT. 26 (3:00-7:00 p.m. EDT).
"Global Citizen Live" will bring together the world's greatest artists, luminaries and concerned citizens from stages in Lagos, Nigeria; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; New York, New York; Paris, France; London, England; Seoul, Korea; Los Angeles, California; Sydney, Australia; and Mumbai, India. From stages in cities around the world, those gathered will call on world leaders, corporations and philanthropists to defend the planet and defeat poverty.
Fans and activists can join the movement at globalcitizenlive.org to take online actions, such as signing petitions to call on world leaders to deliver:
· 1 billion trees planted and preserved to help prevent global temperatures from rising beyond 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels by curbing emissions and supporting 1t.org
· 1 billion vaccines to the poorest countries
· Meals for the 41 million people on the brink of famine
Artists donating their time and talent to this global day of unity:
· NEW YORK CITY in Central Park (presented by Citi and Cisco) with Coldplay, Billie Eilish, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo, Meek Mill, Shawn Mendes, and special guest performances by Alessia Cara, Burna Boy, Cyndi Lauper, Jon Batiste, and Lang Lang
· PARIS at Champ de Mars with Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Doja Cat, Black Eyed Peas, Christine and the Queens and special guest performances by Angélique Kidjo, Charlie Puth, & Fatma Said.
· LOS ANGELES at The Greek Theatre (presented by Verizon) with Stevie Wonder, Adam Lambert, Chloe x Halle, Demi Lovato, H.E.R., ONEREPUBLIC, Ozuna, The Lumineers, and 5 Seconds of Summer
· LONDON with Duran Duran, Kylie Minogue, Måneskin, Nile Rodgers and Chic, and Rag'n'Bone Man
· LAGOS with Femi Kuti, Davido, Tiwa Savage, and Made Kuti
· RIO DE JANEIRO with Alok, Mart'nália, Criolo, Liniker, with special guests Tropkillaz, and Mosquito, in partnership with Rock In Rio.
· SEOUL with BTS
· SYDNEY with Delta Goodrem
· MUMBAI hosted by Anil Kapoor, with Sadhguru, Amitabh Bachchan, Ayushmann Khurrana, Arjun Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Bhumi Pednekar, Dia Mirza, Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan, Janhvi Kapoor, KiaraAdvani, Riteish Deshmukh, Sara Ali Khan, Sonakshi Sinhawith, in partnership with Wizcraft.
Health & Safety - "Global Citizen Live" events comply with the latest COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. Attendees at events must be fully vaccinated two weeks before the event (exceptions made for guests unable to be vaccinated who must submit a negative PCR test from within 72 hours of the show's start). All attendees must be masked, regardless of vaccination status.
"Global Citizen Live" is supported by a corporate coalition, including Global Partners: Accenture, Cisco, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, Google, Live Nation, P&G, Salesforce, Verizon, and campaign partners Hilton, WW International, and World Wide Technology who will engage support from the private sector in driving new commitments toward the campaign's policy objectives. Access Bank is a "Global Citizen Live" campaign partner in Nigeria. Executive producers of the "Global Citizen Live" campaign include Michele Anthony for UMG, Francine Katsoudas, Tina Kennedy, Eric Ortner, Guy Oseary, Michael Rapino for Live Nation, Brian N. Sheth, Wassim "Sal" Slaiby and Chris Stadler. The "Global Citizen Live" broadcast will be executive produced by Jane Y. Mun, with producing partners Deviants Media, Diversified Production Services, Done+Dusted Productions, Ken Ehrlich Productions, Live Nation, Livewire Pictures, TMPL Motion Pictures, and U-Live (a UMG Nigeria company).
Visit www.globalcitizen.org; follow @glblctzn on Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter and YouTube.
About Global Citizen
Global Citizen is the world's largest movement of action takers and impact makers dedicated to ending extreme poverty by 2030. With over 10 million monthly advocates, our voices have the power to drive lasting change around sustainability, equality, and humanity. We post, tweet, message, vote, sign, and call to inspire those who can make things happen to act - government leaders, businesses, philanthropists, artists, and citizens - together improving lives. By downloading our app, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards with tickets to concerts, events, and experiences all over the world. For more information, visit GlobalCitizen.org.