Disney Channel Highlights For 2011
Disney Channel's Magical 2011 Delivers Biggest Year, Earns Historic #1 Among Kids 6-11 in Total Day, Unseats 16 Year Incumbent Nickelodeon
Ranks as TV's #1 Network for 3rd Straight Year in Tweens 9-14
Primetime Leader for the 11th Consecutive Year
Among Tweens 9-14 and the 9th Straight Year Among Kids 6-11;
Is a Top 2 Cable Network in Total Viewers for the 6th Consecutive Year
DCOMs "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" and "Good Luck Charlie: It's Christmas" Are the Top 2 Cable TV Movies of 2011 -- Continuing Disney Channel's 10-Year Streak Owning TV's #1 Movie in Tweens 9-14 and
5th Straight Year with the #1 Cable Movie in Total Viewers
"A.N.T. Farm" is TV's #1 Series in Kids 6-11, "Shake It Up" is the #1 TV Series in Tweens 9-14 and "Phineas and Ferb" is TV's #1 Animated Series in the Demos - Marks Disney Channel's 6th Straight Year with the #1 Cable TV
Series and 4th Consecutive Year with the #1 Animated Series
"Jessie" is Pacing as the #1 Cable TV Series of All Time in Kids 6-11;
Is TV's #1 Series of 4Q 2011 in Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11
Disney Channel -- 2011
Disney Channel delivered its first-ever #1 yearly ranking in Total Day in Kids 6-11, unseating Nickelodeon's 16 year run, and was the #1 TV network for the 3rd consecutive year in Tweens 9-14. The historic success was powered by Disney Channel's most expansive lineup of original programming for kids and families yet -- notably the #1 TV series in target kids and tweens with "A.N.T. Farm" and "Shake It Up," the #1 animated series with "Phineas and Ferb," the Top 2 TV/Cable movies with "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" and "Good Luck Charlie: It's Christmas," and newcomers "Jessie" and "Austin & Ally."
Disney Channel has ranked as TV's #1 network on a monthly basis for 20 consecutive months in Tweens 9-14 and for 8 consecutive months in Kids 6-11 - both records for the network.
Disney Channel was once again the year's winner in Prime, ranking #1 for the 11th consecutive year in Tweens 9-14 and for the 9th straight year in Kids 6-11, and has stood among the Top 2 cable networks in Total Viewers for 6 straight years.
Paul DeBenedittis, Senior Vice President, Programming, Disney Channels Worldwide, said: "Our strategy reflects the insights we gain by listening to our viewers and their parents, and this year our programming connected with them in a big way, with multiple hit series and a new generation of stars. We're thrilled for the record-breaking results and are committed to delivering more great stories and characters to our millions of viewers in 2012."
2011 Total Day and Prime
· In Total Day, 2011 ranked as Disney Channel's most-watched year in the network's history among Total Viewers (1.8 million), Kids 2-11 (999,000 - and a four-tenths of rating point behind Nickelodeon), Kids 6-11 (670,000) and Tweens 9-14 (538,000).
· Disney Channel ranked as TV's #1 network in Total Day for the first time ever in Kids 6-11 (670,000/2.7 rating) and was the #1 TV network for the 3rd consecutive year in Tweens 9-14 (538,000/2.2 rating), marking its 4th time at #1 in the previous 5 years in the key demo.
· Among its target demos, Disney Channel stood as TV's #1 network in Prime for the 9th consecutive year in Kids 6-11 (1.2 million/4.8 rating; 2003-2011), delivering its largest annual audience ever in the demo, and was the #1 TV network for the 11th straight year in Tweens 9-14 (928,000/3.8 rating; 2001-2011).
· Disney Channel ranked as cable's #2 network in Prime among Total Viewers (2.65 million), marking the 6th consecutive year the network has ranked among the Top 2 cable networks (2006 - 2011).
2011 Program Highlights
· "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" (8/5/11) was TV's #1 scripted telecast in Kids 6-11 (4.7 million/18.9 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (3.6 million/14.7 rating), and cable's #1 scripted telecast in Total Viewers (10.7 million).
· Impressively, 2011 marked the 10th consecutive year Disney Channel has delivered the #1 original movie telecast among Tweens 9-14.
· In Total Viewers, 2011 represented the 5th consecutive year that Disney Channel aired the year's #1 cable TV movie: 2011: "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" (10.7 million); 2010: "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam" (9.1 million); 2009: "Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie" (13.5 million); 2008: "Camp Rock" (10.1 million); 2007: "High School Musical 2" (18.6 million).
· "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" became the most-watched animated cable telecast on record in Kids 2-11 (6.233 million), and ranked #2 among all animated cable telecasts in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14.
· "Good Luck Charlie: It's Christmas" (12/2/11) was cable TV's #1 live-action movie of 2011 in Total Viewers (8.3 million) and the #2 scripted telecast across all TV in Kids 6-11 (4.0 million/16.1 rating).
· "Phineas and Ferb" was TV's #1 animated series in both Kids 6-11 (1.7 million/6.7 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.2 million/5.1 rating). This represented Disney Channel's 4th consecutive year delivering the #1 animated TV series in Tweens 9-14 and the 4th straight year with the #1 animated TV series in Prime in Kids 6-11.
· Newcomer "Jessie" ranked as the #1 TV series of 4Q11 in Kids 2-11 (2.9 million/7.0 rating) and Kids 6-11 (2.4 million/9.8 rating), and to date is pacing as the #1 cable series of all time through its first 8 originals airings in the latter Kids 6-11 demo.
· In Kids 6-11, Disney Channel owned TV's Top 4 series and the #1 animated TV series:
· In Tweens 9-14, Disney Channel held TV's Top 4 series and the #1 animated TV series:
Source: Nielsen Media Research, U.S. rating. 2011: 12/27/10-12/11/11, most current; 4Q11: 9/26/11-12/11/11, most current; K6-11/TW9-14 Program ranks based on trackage data with minimum 10 telecasts. "Good Luck Charlie: It's Christmas" L7 ratings based on early order from Nielsen.