In adult 18-49 ratings from the Local People Meters, both the Macy's
Parade and the National Dog Show earned their top results in the six
years NBC has tracked those events in the LPMs.
Versus last year, the Parade was up 10% in 18-49 in the LPMs (6.6 vs.
Versus last year, the Dog Show was up 24% in the LPMs (2.6 vs. 2.1).
Thursday Metered-Market Results:
* From 9 a.m.-noon, the 86th annual "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" averaged a 12.1 rating, 26 share in households in the 56 local
markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, finishing within 2% of last
year's 12.3/26. "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" topped the
metered-market household rating of every primetime entertainment
telecast on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox or CW of the past week.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, the parade averaged
a 6.6/27 in adults 18-49, up 10% versus last year's 6.0/25, making
this the highest rated Macy's Parade in the six years NBC has tracked
the event in the Local People Meters (since 2007).
* The 6.6 rating in Local People Meters for "Macy's Thanksgiving
Day Parade" beats every primetime entertainment telecast on ABC, CBS,
NBC, Fox or CW over the past week
* Top markets for the parade, which was hosted by Matt Lauer,
Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker of NBC's "Today," were: West Palm Beach,
21.7/40; Providence-New Bedford, 20.8/39; Richmond, 20/6/38;
Knoxville, 20.3/37; Buffalo, 19.9/38; Fort Myers-Naples, 18.8/35;
Norfolk, 18.7/31; Greensboro-High Point, 18.2/32; Baltimore, 18.1/34;
and Pittsburgh, 17.6/33. New York was the #13 market with a 16.9/35.
* From noon-2 p.m., NBC's coverage of "The National Dog Show
Presented by Purina" (5.3/12 in metered-market households) romped 13
percent ahead of last year's 4.7/11, to take home the event's top
numbers in seven years (since 2005).
* In the Local People Meters, "The National Dog Show Presented by
Purina" jumped by 24 percent, to a 2.6/10 from last year's 2.1/8,
making this the highest rated "National Dog Show" in the six years NBC
has tracked the event in the Local People Meters (since 2007).
* The top five markets for the Dog Show, hosted by John O'Hurley
and featuring the commentary of expert analyst David Frei, were
Knoxville, 11.9/25; West Palm Beach, 10.7/22; Buffalo, 10.1/20;
Oklahoma City, 10.0/21; and Norfolk, 9.8/18.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research
unless otherwise indicated.