Regarding this morning's Nielsens, remember that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings category, including adult-female demos, in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, the 16.2/29 in metered-market households from 9:15 p.m.-12:30 a.m. ET for NBC Sports' coverage of last night's Baltimore Ravens-Denver Broncos NFL Kickoff game make this the fourth straight year the NFL Kickoff game has achieved a 16 rating or higher in the metered markets.
· Top markets for the Kickoff game were Denver, with a 43.9 rating; Baltimore, 37.6; New Orleans, 25.1; Indianapolis, 24.9; and Nashville, 22.6.
· NBC's 8-11 p.m. primetime rating in metered-market households is a 14.9/25, the highest metered-market average for any network on a Thursday night since August 9, 2012 with NBC's coverage of the London Olympics.
· Note that the start of the game was delayed by severe weather and the 49-27 final score was the second-most-one-sided outcome to date for a Thursday NFL Kickoff game behind a 31-point margin in 2007.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday night:
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.6/11 (delayed by NFL overrun); CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.0/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.6/4.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 1.2/10 (delayed by NFL overrun); "Late Show," 0.4/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.4/2.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 0.9/3 in metered-market households and a 0.2/1 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" results are unavailable due to a delay for an NFL overrun. CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" averaged a 0.9/3 in metered-market households and a 0.2/2 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" results are unavailable due to a delay for an NFL overrun.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.