"SOA" SEASON 6 DEBUT BECOMES MOST-WATCHED PROGRAM IN FX HISTORY
It's official: Inclusive of the Live+3 time-shifted viewing that was made available today, the Season 6 premiere episode of Sons of Anarchy now ranks as the most-watched program/telecast in FX history - even when factoring in Live+7 time-shifted viewing - in Total Viewers (8.32 million), Adults 18-49 (5.55 million), Adults 18-34 (2.70 million), and Adults 25-54 (5.74 million).
The previous highs for an FX telecast were the debut of Anger Management in Total Viewers (7.16 million, Live+7), and the Season 5 debut of Sons of Anarchy in Adults 18-49 (4.80 million, Live+7). On a Live+7 basis, the Season 5 premiere episode of SOA delivered 7.15 million Total Viewers.
On a Live+3 to Live+3 comparison, the Season 6 premiere of Sons of Anarchy increased +22% in Total Viewers and +21% in Adults 18-49 over its Season 5 debut.
Below is a detailed report.
Sons of Anarchy - Season 6 Premiere - Live+3
The extraordinary numbers for Sons of Anarchy's Season 6 Premiere are only getting better: with Live+3 data now in for the season opener, last Tuesday's telecast is already FX's most-watched telecast ever... even when comparing all other FX telecasts on a Live+7 basis in Total Viewers (8.32 million), P18-49 (5.45 million), M/W18-49, P18-34 and P/M/W25-54.
Sons of Anarchy - Season 6 [P] vs. Season 5 [P] - Live+3 (000s)
· In P18-49, the Season 6 opener's +13% gain from the Season 5 debut in Live+Same Day expanded to +21% in Live +3.
· The Live+Same Day to Live+3 lift for Week 1 was +41% (3,944>5,545), up +11 percentage points from the Season 5 debut's three-day lift (+30%).
· The Live+Same Day to Live+3 lift (+41%) was in line with Season 5's average three-day lift (+39%).
· Note: In M18-49, a -2% decline in Live+Same Day from the Season 5 debut turned into a +7% gain in Live+3 (2,951 vs. 2,755).
· In Total Viewers, a +9% increase in Live+Same Day from the Season 5 debut jumped to +22% in Live+3.
· The Live+Same Day to Live+3 lift in Total Viewers was +42% (5,869>8,316), up +15 points from last season's premiere lift (+27%).
· The Live+Same Day to Live+3 lift for Total Viewers (+42%) was up slightly from Season 5's average three-day lift (+37%).