CBS HAS THE WEEK'S TOP TWO PROGRAMS-"NCIS" AND "THE BIG
Network Also Has the Top Seven Scripted Broadcasts and Top New Series
CBS had the week's top two programs - NCIS and THE BIG BANG THEORY - and the top seven scripted broadcasts in viewers - including the #1 new series THE MILLERS - in an atypical week that included four games of the World Series, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Oct. 27.
CBS had the top seven scripted broadcasts in viewers - NCIS, THE BIG BANG THEORY, NCIS: LOS ANGELES, PERSON OF INTEREST, CRIMINAL MINDS, BLUE BLOODS and THE MILLERS, which was also the week's top new series.
In adults 18-49 and adults 18-34, THE BIG BANG THEORY was the week's top scripted broadcast. In adults 18-49, NCIS was tied as the week's top broadcast drama while THE MILLERS was the week's top new comedy.
CBS Weekly Highlights:
· NCIS was first in viewers (18.99m), adults 25-54 (4.3/11) and adults 18-49 (3.0/09). Compared to last week, NCIS added +160,000 viewers (from 18.83m, +1%). NCIS was +0.3 ahead of ABC's "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" in adults 18-49 (+11%) and +11.59m viewers ahead (+157%).
PERSON OF INTEREST
· PERSON OF INTEREST was first in viewers (13.17m), adults 25-54 (3.2/08) and adults 18-49 (2.2/06). PERSON OF INTEREST won its time slot in adults 18-49 for the first time this season. PERSON OF INTEREST posted the time period's best viewers delivery for a regularly scheduled program since Sept. 25, 2012 ("Vegas" series premiere).
CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
· The 300th episode of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION was second in viewers (10.45m), adults 25-54 (2.9/07) and adults 18-49 (2.1/06), behind the World Series. Compared to last week, CSI was up +7% in adults 25-54 (from 2.7/07), +5% in adults 18-49 (from 2.0/06) and added +1.00m viewers (from 9.45m, +11%). CSI posted its largest audience since April 10, 2013, its best adults 25-54 rating since May 15, 2013 and matched the season high in adults 25-54.
THE BIG BANG THEORY
· THE BIG BANG THEORY (8:00-8:31 PM) was first in viewers (16.99m), adults 25-54 (6.7/19) and adults 18-49 (5.2/16) against the World Series.
· ELEMENTARY (10:01-11:00 PM) was up +17% in adults 25-54 (2.7/07 from 2.3/06), +20% in adults 18-49 (1.8/05 from 1.5/04) and added +200,000 viewers (from 8.52m, +2%) compared to last week.
Prime averages are based on the following hours of rated broadcasts in Week #5
CBS - 22 hours
NBC - 21-1/2 hours
ABC - 22 hours
FOX - 19 hours