Regarding this morning's Nielsens, remember that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings category, including adult-female demos, in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's Green Bay Packers-Seattle Seahawks NFL Kickoff game averaged a 16.8 rating, 28 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, a 4% gain from 2013 and the third-highest-rated in the metered markets ever for a Thursday NFL Kickoff game.
· NBC led primetime by a wide margin in metered-market household rating, averaging a 15.5/26 from 8-11 p.m. versus a 3.8/6 for CBS, a 1.6/3 for Fox and a 1.4/2 for ABC.
· Top local ratings for the Green Bay-Seattle game on NBC were: Milwaukee, 44.0/64; Seattle, 42.2/73; Minneapolis, 26.6/44; New Orleans, 25.2/38; Sacramento, 21.2/35; San Diego, 20.8/37; Denver, 20.7/34; Norfolk, 20.7/32; Nashville, 20.6/31; and Portland 20.4/38.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday night:
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.9/10, delayed by an NFL overrun; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.9/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.1/5.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 1.3/8, delayed by an NFL overrun; "Late Show," 0.3/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.3/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.5/6 in metered-market households, delayed by an NFL overrun) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (0.9/3). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.7/6 in 18-49, delayed by an NFL overrun) topped "Late Late Show" (0.2/2).
· At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 1.0/5 in metered-market households with an encore delayed by an NFL overrun and a 0.5/5 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.