Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-national ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in all key measures - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers.
· In metered-market results, which accurately reflect time-zone adjustments, last night's New England Patriots-San Diego Chargers "Sunday Night Football" telecast averaged a 13.9 rating, 22 share from 8:30-11:30 p.m. ET in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research to rank as Sunday night's #1 primetime show in the metered markets in household rating and adults 18-49
· The Patriots' 23-14 win over Chargers is up +9% versus last year's Week 14 game (Panthers-Saints, 12.7/20).
· The 13.9/22 is the highest metered-market result for a primetime Chargers game in 18 years (since Monday Nov. 11, 1996 for San Diego-Detroit on ABC, 14.7/22).
· With a 41.2 rating in Boston, it's the second-best Patriots performance ever on "Sunday Night Football" in the Boston market, behind only the 42.6/62 for Green Bay-New England on Dec. 19, 2010 and up +11% versus the Nov. 24, 2013 Manning vs. Brady overtime thriller (37.3/59).
· Top local ratings for the Patriots-Chargers game on NBC were: Boston, 41.2/62; San Diego, 36.5/56; Providence, 33.2/47; Denver, 22.2/34; Las Vegas, 22.0/34; Baltimore, 16.4/25; West Palm Beach, 16.1/26; Indianapolis, 16.0/25; Seattle, 15.9/26; and Sacramento, 15.5/23.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.