In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host James Franco and musical guest Nicki Minaj, averaged a 2.8 rating, 7 share in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 1.3/6 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· The "SNL" rebroadcast is the #1 telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters, ahead of all primetime programs on the Big 4 networks in that key measure. It's the top-rated encore "SNL" in 18-49 in the Local People Meters since Feb. 21 (1.4/7 with host and musical guest Blake Shelton).
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals this season growing by an average of +42% going from "live plus same day ratings" to "live plus seven day" in adults 18-49 (from a 1.93 rating to a 2.75).
Saturday Primetime Results:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to updates for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC Sports 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey is tied for the nightlong win in adults 18-49 among the Big 4 networks (0.9 rating each for NBC from 8-11 p.m. and Fox's 8-10 p.m. "UFC Fight Night"), pending updates. In these preliminary numbers, Stanley Cup Playoff hockey grows by +140% from its first half-hour to its sixth in adults 18-49 (from a 0.5 rating to a 1.2) and by +80% or 1.4 million persons in total viewers (1.8 million to 3.2 million).
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey, featuring the Pittsburgh Penguins at the New York Rangers, posted a 1.70 rating, 3 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· Last night's Stanley Cup Playoff hockey tied for the primetime victory among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters (with a 1.2 rating, 5 share from 8-11 p.m. in those 25 LPM markets), tied with Fox's "UFC Fight Night" (1.2/5 from 8-10).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.